The plan with the 2 1st round picks after 2 weeks

We are a young team that was void of talent and still needs to add to the talent level of the team. I am definitely not a fan of using a premium level pick to get a backup to Jared Goff.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Actually I lied about everything. This is the guy I want at all costs…

2 Likes

I was going to bring him up. He’s perfect for what we want to do on offense. Rare blocking chops for a “modern TE” amd yet still a weapon in the pass game and above all in the red zone.

But if we’re going TE late first round then we’re letting Hock walk after 2023. I’m on the fence about that.

4 Likes

He’s also 6’7". It doesn’t matter who you match up against him because he can just climb the ladder and catch it over you. That’s a weapon on so many levels.

He’s also playing with Brock Bowers right now, so I wouldn’t say that he can’t play with Hockenson. He’s also a 2nd round prospect right now, so you might not have to give a 1st to get him.

2 Likes

Save money, gotta chirn the roster for younger, cheaper guys.

2 Likes

Churn low value positions, Spend up on high value, yep

4 Likes

If he runs like I think he will I doubt he makes it to where i expect us to pick in the second.

2 Likes

That’s the problem. But he’d be an absolute manimal in our bullyball run game and without giving any run-pass tells away bc he’s very competent in the pass game.

1 Like

I’ve always been a Hock fan but he’s not playing like a 14m per year guy. That can change. The talent is in there.

4 Likes

the simpsons frown GIF

1 Like

I’m very proud of everyone here with 91 posts on our '23 draft picks after two weeks of the season. Well done, boys!

4 Likes

Vatai is the new Wally Pipp

#SkipComin

1 Like

Yup - I think Vatai’s injury will either make him a cap casualty or take a VERY team friendly deal. We will do great in his absence.

I think someone spiked the Blue koolaid with Everclear.

This current Oline is playing well with the run. Pass pro could be better.

They wouldn’t hold a candle to the starting five. If Goff and the Lions ever get to see the starting five play together in a meaningful game.

The Lions are going to be able to watch and maneuver how they want in the next draft. They want a stud, they’ll go get that stud.

1 Like

christmas love GIF by Kool Aid

2 Likes

I’d say a safety. Do we really need a run stopper in the FIRST?

1 Like

Unless he gets injured. And then brad holmes will be drooling over him.

2 Likes

I like Levis’s moxy. He as a player feels like he’d fit in really well as a either a giant or a lion.

I think we need a DB though. A guy like sauce Gardner would be nice. I think we could get away with a safety later. Lots of the 2nd round and later guys from the last draft are starting. And we also took kerby pretty high.

2 Likes

Nope - an animal pass rusher who also stops the run. Suh/Donald-type.

3 Likes