The plan with the 2 1st round picks after 2 weeks

Would love to add 5 solid-impact players to next years roster

Defense, defense, defense.

Problem is could make an argument for RB & TE as well

Hopefully can sign two impact FA’s so can draft accordingly & get the three others through the draft

Way way too early mock but I had to have some fun with it(yes I believe some of these guys go earlier then where they were)

1 Like

DT main priority - by a mile…even if we have to trade up to get 'em.
Please…dear, sweet, kind, gentle, all-powerful baby Jesus…let it be true

1 Like

Yeah, we’re ranked number 16.
The offense is #4.
Funny, last season, when Goff had no help, it was all his fault. This year, with something that resembles a complete offense, it’s inspite of Goff.
Run with that narrative!
Goff IS a seasoned Pro Bowl caliber QB. Those are just the facts for anyone that can read and comprehend.

So are Andy Dalton (3 time pro bowler), Mitch Trubisky, Teddy Bridgewater, Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, Jameis Winston, Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins and Tyrod Taylor.

Recent-ish retirees like Matt Schaub, RGIII, Vince Young, David Garrard, Derek Anderson, Jay Cutler and Jeff Garcia also played in pro bowls.

1 Like

Have you watched much of Drew Sanders yet? I’m not so sure he doesn’t threaten top ten status if he keeps this up. He was actually the more ballyhooed recruit in Will Anderson’s class and every bit the freak athletically. Now that he’s proving he’s got pass rush chops he’s damn near the perfect modern LBer IMO.

1 Like

I’ve kept my eye on him peripherally but really only watched him against Cincinnati. He’s one I’ll deep dive on if he declares but yeah, I remember him as a prospect. Played high school ball with OSU’s starting QB.

Flacco and Foles have won Super Bowls. Not by themselves, mind you. There were 52 other players that helped.
By and large, your list includes some pretty good QB’s. Most of them would have been capable of winning a Super Bowl with a complete (and healthy) team around them.
Now, which Super Bowl winning QB won it without 52 other players?

So you’re asking me what QB has won a super bowl by himself, without an offensive line to block or receivers to throw to or a defense to oppose the other team’s offense, right? I assume it’s rhetorical. And what does it have to do with being a:

My point was being seasoned and making the pro bowl aren’t good metrics for measuring success at QB, that’s all. Obviously a QB needs help and some need more help than others, but that’s not the part of your original statement I had contention with.

1 Like

Goff has been to a Super Bowl.
If you can’t see the difference between the team Matt won with, and the team Goff went with (namely, SB MVP, Cooper Kupp), I don’t know what to tell you.
In other news, Tom Brady failed to make it to the Super Bowl last year after Gronk was injured.
And, neither did the greatest QB (Erin Rodgers) to ever walk the planet, who has won exactly the same number of Super Bowls as our old “crappy” QB.
I just love how creative wrong minded people are. Please, continue.
Btw, we have the #4 offense in the league. We’ve yet to see our infamous Oline all play in a game that counts.
Clue, look at the defense for a reason for being 1-2. 95 points in the first 3 games would normally equate to at least 2 wins, probably 3.

I am pro-Goff, sheesh. I have no problem with him as our QB. I just disagreed with your metric for judging his success, that’s all. And I continue to disagree.

1 Like

Ah, he needs to lift the Defense?
We have the #4 offense! It was tied for second with KC last week, but, of course, that’s inspite of Goff.
Goff has the #8 QBR . Look at who he is ahead of.

Goff’s team was 13-3…Stafford’s team was 12-5…so people do see the difference

1 Like

Addendum;
Currently, Goff is #8.
M Stafford #13
K Murray #14
A Rodgers #15
T Brady #17
J Burrow #19
J Fields #31

Football is a team sport.

I’m just saying, if you have to bash someone, try Anzalone, AO (8 fucking penalties in one game!), pick a Dlineman, or Seibert, DC, Brad Holmes, but, the Goff bashing is old and baseless.
Break the habit. You can do it!

People always disagree with me using handsomeness as a metric too.
Also…
They are wrong!

1 Like

I think Anzalone has played fine.

3 Likes

Do you actually think your motivational speeches, along with la purga, will be a metamorphosis for Goff becoming Aaron Rodgers? He will more likely run deeper into the jungle, never to be seen again.
Wait, I see your point!

1 Like

Two players that take tons of heat, Goff and Anzalone, both captains have played far better than I expected. Props to them. I will always admit when I’m wrong, and those 2 guys deserve some credit.

7 Likes

There were 2 plays in the last game where Goff played with more guts than I’ve ever seen him show up in. THAT is what gives me hope. IDGAF about the stats…I know he is accurate when protected. I want a bad MF’r that can be part of the reason we win, not someone that can do well if we protect him well enough.

Difference is one who is lifted up…vs…one who lifts others up.
In football, alpha energy lifts the other guys up.
Always want more of that stuff.

3 Likes