The Raiders beat the Bears

Ferrell was a first round player. He can play. I just think four was way too high. But he’s probably an above average starting two way end and you could do worse.

But to your initial point I do agree that Gruden and Mayock will do well in Vegas. I’m just not sure that with Carr as the QB (who is decent IMO) they’ll unseat the Chiefs. But unless SD lucks into a replacement Las Vegas could be a regular number 2 in the West which could mean several WC appearances.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we had picked Allen had he fallen to us. I’m pretty sure the Lions never thought he would be there and would have been pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately we will probably never know how they ranked everyone

see Oakland WAS a dumpster fire and nobody “really” had to gameplan for them…they were talentless…so when they got super high draft picks they just went wild and scooped up what they ‘could’ They HAD to do something…and yes, they did land a solid piece or two. like Allen & Burns…Ferrell was a decent player, but not a 1st rounder. but The Raiders are stitching together a assembling the guts of a grinding team. IMO. they will prolly take awhile to kick ass, but they are better than they were.

1 Like

I like a lot of their picks too but that doesn’t mean it was a good draft. First round picks are typically looked at to play right away. Clelin has played a lot, same with Jacobs, Abrams has only played 49 snaps on the year, Mullen was a high 2nd round pick and has only 78 snaps.

It’s all a matter of perspective, the Raiders had 4 picks in the top 40 of the draft, 2 of which have hardly played and yet some people still try to pump them up like they had some great draft and their picks turned-out greater than Khalil Mack. It’s cute.

With all drafts/ draft picks, it takes time to see how good or bad a draft is.

Personally, I have no idea if Mayock will be a good GM or not. His big “splash” signing went AWOL, 2 of his top 40 picks haven’t hardly played 5 games into the season. The Raiders have won a few games and aren’t as bad as most thought they’d be but they lose a few games and people will be jumping back of the bandwagon.

Yeah the notion he won executive of the year in the offseason is silly, the usual fare from that poster. And don’t forget Mayock gave up a 3rd and a 5th for AB, he wasn’t a FA signing. Plus, it’s up in the air right now whether Brown will get to recoup his guaranteed money, it would be hilarious if they had to still shell out millions for him.

1 Like

Yeah, overdrafted Ferrell at 4oa, hasn’t gotten anything out of 2 of his 4 top forty picks, traded away a 3rd and a 5th and got nothing in return…yep, Mayock is making it look easy! LOL

Abram was injured in their opening win vs the Broncos. He played most of the defensive snaps and had an impact on the game, then he was placed on IR after the game.

Thanks. Like I said, I was looking for info on why he wasn’t playing after that but wasn’t seeing anything.