The Raiders

No. I’m talking about Oakland Alameda coliseum. Been to many an A’s game there. Next Sunday will be my first NFL game. Still, I know how the stadium is laid out. There’s also some mixed feelings in that community RW: the Raiders. It’s not a crazy difficult assignment except for the travel which is admittedly a huge problem.

I’m cautiously optimistic about a positive result. And then we get Mitch Trubisky with a chance to get to 5-3-1.

Okay, got it. My bad. :slight_smile:

You are right though. At LAC clearly is the easiest road trip when it comes to the environment

His point is that whatever the normal home field situation is in Oakland…there will be a heightened level of excitement from the team and the fans due to a weird scheduling quirk that he brought up a month ago. Oakland played at home on September 15. Then the team went on the road for 2 straight games…then what was supposed to be a home game was played in London…then there was a bye week…then they played 2 more away games. So a spread of home games of September 15th to November 3rd. It should be a small boost for the team and the fans to be home again after such a weird stretch. Whatever team was scheduled to play in Oakland this week was given a small disadvantage compared to other weeks. To put it in perspective, if we were playing at home for the first time since the Chargers game in week 2…I would hope the team and the fans would be extra hype. That’s how long its been since the Raiders have played at home…when we beat the Chargers.

On the flipside I’m hoping that the Raiders having to play the Chargers on Thursday is a scheduling quirk that plays in our favor.

I understand his point about the team being away for 50 days or whatever I just don’t think it’s going to have any real impact on crowd noise.

History repeats itself:

Lions 28 Raiders 27 :smile:

2 Likes

Yet another “must” game. I guess they all will be, from here on out. I think they’ll pull it out in Oakland.

Pretty close. To win the division, I think they need to go 8-1. To get a wildcard, 7-2.

Ok, What’s the game plan to beat the Raiders?
Ride Stafford’s arm, obviously.
What else?

And stop Josh Jacobs.

1 Like

Stop leaving 10+ points on the field

1 Like

limit the run on defense and pressure the QB.

Things the Lions defense seems to be incapable of doing this season.

Let down city
Raiders 35
Lions 24

Lions aren’t losing by 11. Not happening. Nail biter. Pretty sure of it

kyle meinke
@kmeinke

·

14h

Jon Gruden, on getting ready to face Matthew Stafford: “We’ve been studying the turkey hole all week.”

2 Likes

If they run we are in big trouble. They are top 7 in run offense. We are near or at the bottom on D. This will be a test to see if getting guys back makes the difference. If it does, we win going away. If it doesn’t, we either lose a close one or get walked (actually ran) over.
Carr is at his best when run game clicking. He’s been average to horrible when playing catch up or running attack stopped.
This game is on the DL. They better be ready cuz Jacobs runs pissed all game long

Yeah, I’m not as much worried about the Raiders as I am worried about our defense, both against the run and the pass. We’ve already made 2 rookie QBs look like pro bowlers and the first half of the season isn’t even over yet.

Carr has a 72% completion rating too.
Our D will have to step up in a big way.
On the other hand, their defense is around 29th both rushing and passing.

Oakland is without their starting Center, which is likely to make Snack’s job easier and Jacob’s job harder. Adding Da’Shaun Hand to our DL does not hurt, and if they can stop Barkley then they can stop Jacobs too. The trick is going to be covering him and their TE on pass plays. Looks like the Lions might get Slay back but not Walker and that won’t help matters much if Slay is at less than 100%.

On offense, Stafford needs to have another good day cuz it ain’t likely we’ll be able to run the ball on them. (9th in run def) The good news is that they suck at pass defense, they give up a lot of points, and they don’t get many sacks.

So,

1. Stop Jacobs

2. No TOs, stupid penalties

3. Cover Jacobs and TEs

4. Stafford does his thing

I don’t like this spot for the Lions. The Raiders are a pretty good team and they are physical. VERY physical. I have a feeling our front 7 gets bitched by Richie Incognito and co and Josh Jacobs.

The line opened -1.5 Raiders and is now -2.5 Raiders. I am on Raiders money line for a nice size wager. I want the Lions to win, but it’s a bad spot here IMO. That’s the NFL. Lions need to have a sense of urgency. Bears in Chicago and Dallas. Those are the next 2. They lose this and it starts a 3 game slide.

I was all in on the Raiders winning this game until I saw their oline injuries.

However the Lions stopping Saquon meaning the run defense is back is a false narrative.

The Arizona Cardinals and their 25th ranked run defense held him to 72 yards the week before.

Jacobs and Raiders are a different animal.