The Rams will be fine, and win again next season. I'm not sure why all the panic

First, let me say that i am a Detroiter. I am a Lions fan, but now I’m a big Rams fan because of Stafford. Thank you to the Rams for helping my boy win a super bowl. And I appreciate Rams fans for loving Stafford who helped get them a Super bowl win. The story couldn’t have been written better. His first season he wins it. The 4th QTR comebacks. Which Stafford was always known for. None more fitting than the Super bowl 4th QTR comeback. AD gets his ring. CK gets the triple crown. They beat the 9’ers. The story was just too perfect.

I don’t understand the negativity from fans, media, rumors, etc. I see this team being perfectly fine. And I see them competing for another Super bowl next season, and for seasons to come.

Let me explain:
The first half of last season they lit it up. What was the difference? Robert Woods, and a better OL. 2nd half they had some troubles, Stafford throwing INT’s (I know Stafford was hurt), and they lose Woods. So they get Von, and OBJ, and win it all.

They were great without those guy. But OBJ filled in for Woods, and Von was a bonus.

This season was strange for sure. ARob was not the player everyone expected him to be. That’s the hard truth. The OL was extremely terrible. Stafford got destroyed. It was worse than the beatings he got all those years in Detroit. No run game with a bad OL. Then the drama with Cam. Then the OL, VJ, Stafford, Coop, and eventually ARob got injured. Even AD was done. Not to mention so many other injuries. But Bobby Wagner was great.

I think this season was a fluke.

So how can they fix this?

They need to find some ways to free up some money without losing their best players, and contributors. The Rams seem to be the best at this. Remember everyone saying “what happened to the salary cap?” I would not be against them trading Jalen Ramsey, but regardless, they have a 2nd, 3rd, and another possible comp 3rd to bring in young talent. Good OL could be had in those rounds. Particularly G’s and RT’s. Through the draft, and free agency they can at least get this OL back to “average”. Which is all they need.

Cam has been great the last few games. They can stick with him.

If they can get another solid WR, that would be great. I think Robert Woods might get released. He can come back, and help. I also think Marvin Jones might get released. He was at his best with Stafford. I am also eyeing Kenny Golladay who was a star with Stafford. He could turn it around.

I just think with the right moves, nothing fancy, and if they’re healthy, they can be back on top again. Then 2024, and beyond, they’ll have their full draft picks again.

1 Like

Sorry, the Rams will not be a good team again next year. Their O-line sucks and they’re paying 20 million a year for Kenny, oops I mean Allen Robinson.

Seinfeld Soup GIF

1 Like

Rams can free up some cap space with simple restructures…
and getting healthy would put them back in the contender discussion.

They do have Gaines & A’Shawn hitting UFA on the D line… and Rapp & Hill as DBs hitting UFA…. so depth may take another hit.

The O line isn’t great even if healthy… so they would need to hit big on draft picks to get back to 2021 level. Big Whit and Blythe left… and the replacements weren’t up to par before injuries took their toll.

1 Like

I think they’ll be a winning team again if Stafford is healthy.

Most important factor is HC followed by GM and QB and the Rams are solid on all 3.

McVay has his puss filled warts but he’s a good coach that gets a ready team. They had way too many key injuries this year but should come back stronger having developed a lot of their youth much like the Lions did this year and last.

oh and by the way, this is good news for the Lions. That’s one less coaching vacancy after Ben Johnson…

Plus we’d not play the Rams unless it’s the playoffs.

2 Likes

OP has me on troll alert!
Happy Birthday GIF

3 Likes

So, I feel like I’m getting two different messages from your post.
The O-line was horrible. How do you propose they fix that without any money and limited draft picks, none of which are first round picks btw.

I guess they could start trading players…but I feel like there’s repercussions to that as well.

The only positive I’ve seen come from this year is that Cam Akers has played better…but I read that the Rams changed back to a zone blocking system as well.
Stafford didn’t look like he was suffering from elbow issues but maybe 7+ months of rest will do his body some good.

1 Like

After this year, don’t give two shits about the Rams. Unless we meet them in the playoffs.

4 Likes

That’s understandable…. they may… or may not rebound next year.

I’m not pretending to have a crystal ball with that team.

My main point is that some posts have painted a dire situation for the Rams… but the reality is they can free up quite a bit of cap space by restructuring some high priced players.

Sone might think they “don’t have any money”…, but they have 8 players with base salaries totaling around $90 million in 2023… which means they can open up a ton of cap space it they finally go “all in”… :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

On the other hand….
they need to “hit” on some draft picks and also pull the right strings moving money around…. and adding free agents doesn’t always work out.

They have a challenging offseason to get back to contender status… which will take some shrewd moves… but isn’t as dire as some believe it is…

1 Like

UNTIL playoffs. :wink:

So? We don’t get their picks after this year so why would I care about the Rams?

5 Likes

Agreed.

All the best to Stafford I hope they can keep him standing up for 17 games behind that OL.

3 Likes

Healthy Stafford and Kupp, even with their cap issues and OL problems, they should win 9-11 games, +/-1 for schedule or health issues or benefits.

1 Like

No doubt the lions make it… more if the rams can

And most importantly beat the Seahawks twice

1 Like

They also don’t have any pass rush outside of Donald. Without a first they’re unlikely to get that. The secondary is also pretty average outside of Ramsey.

Leonard Floyd has been good in the past 3 years for them…
but he also turns 31yo in 2023 season.

Is he really that old already? Wow does time fly.

We don’t have any more Rams magic beans…so I couldn’t care less about the Rams next year. I will really miss having their 1st rounders though.

3 Likes

He just turned 30 three months ago.