"The Sad Tale of Kenny Golladay"

I have no clue about Lions fans feelings towards the guy, but I was instantly excited when he was a rookie. He came off as a really, tough receiver - just what they needed. And then it just sort of faded away once the injuries started. Getting misty-eyed just thinking about it.

3 Likes

Career earnings of $40m so not that sad

8 Likes

He made exponentially more money than most people will make in their lifetimes. I am not shedding one tear for him and as a lions fan at least I saw some production out of him.

3 Likes

He was a product of Matt Stafford. In his best year he barely cracked the top 100 player for getting separation. He was likely a turd that last Lions year as the extent of his injury was certainly questionable. He made some great grabs but I don’t miss him one bit.

4 Likes

Well, I was being facetious about the crying part (considering where the Lions are at now), but it is really sad in the sense that he, we, Stafford didn’t get the chance to see and develop into a (dare I say, star?). I can’t remember, but did he come after Megatron or were they ever teammates?

If he’s smart he’s made generational money. His family will be set up for years….if he has any sense.

He is a contested catch WR. He wins 50-50 balls. He doesn’t get separation. He didn’t get separation in Detroit. Giants just didn’t utilize him correctly. Jones can’t make those tight window throws or throw it up for Golladay to go get it like Stafford did

1 Like

His career a product of the environment he entered as a pro too. I feel like that really shaped his mind like it’s a business and the nfl don’t love you neither do the fans.

2 Likes

National Football League GIF by Detroit Lions

I’m back baby for league minimum! I’m on the Jarrad Davis career span.

3 Likes

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smile:…Lolol I got excited for Golladay all over again!

The Patriot Way can definitely suck the life out of you and steal your love for football.

2 Likes

Especially if you’re not playing for rings

2 Likes

I remember Davis in on one play last season for only one reason. He hit the QB’s helmet with his hand on a blitz and it didn’t get called but would have if the officials had seen it.

1 Like

After Barry retired, I lost all personal connections to Lions players. I no longer rooted for a player, %100 just rooted for the Lions colors and logo.

That included Stafford and Calvin. When they moved on, it didn’t have an affect on me at all. Players come and go but that Lions logo is forever. Part of me wishes I had that connection with players like you @DuhLyins.

There may be a chance he ends up back in Detroit. Who knows what’s about to happen.

That’s interesting that you say that because I had a similar experience, but for a shorter period of time. I had no particular players that I rooted for in 1999 and 2000. That changed in 2001 when we brought in Matt Millen and took a few players that I had watched in college. Honeymoon periods are funny because even if the guy sucks at his job (Matt Millen), you can still get caught up in the moment of hope and fantasy. The player that I rooted for the hardest during Millen’s tenure was probably Dre Bly.

2 Likes

Well to be fair they have changed the logo a few times now too!!

correct breaking bad GIF

1 Like

Nothing to cry about there, for sure.
Still, as I’ve said, I remember “Minitron”.
Injuries can kick your ass in a hurry. It is sad.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because Billy sims made me do it

But that made me root for players harder thinking about the lions as a kind of tough place to end up.
I wasn’t sure owner cared about us. I do think the players care about most fans. Appreciative of the fans. Always say Detroit fans are the best.

1 Like

I lived Kevin Jones too. Thought offense was about to be loaded.
I like Jermaine Crowell too