The Stellar Debut of Demetrilicious Taylor

Don’t take my word for it because I’m bigoted. I said in May that the very nice man Michael Brockers would get cut or traded before the season and that Demetrius Taylor would make the final 53. I’m doubling down here in August because I’m human and confirmation bias comes to me as naturally as breathing. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

DT DT didn’t play until 8:28 in the 3rd quarter against backups, shading the center on running downs. He regularly was the first one off the snap, got penetration (except when double teamed), and wrought havoc. He had one play at 3 Tech on the last Falcon drive. He didn’t accumulate any stats, but played well.

If Demetrius Taylor doesn’t get some first half playing time against the Colts, I’m going to…scowl at Dan and AG.

8 Likes

Brockers makes the team no matter what, but we’re all sharing the same concern that MCDC shared weeks ago when he said we can’t get roadgraded.

6 Likes

Yeah I was surprised he didn’t get more playing time. He looked solid and was rated well by PFF. Cornell did not look so good. We shuld at least see how he looks against the two’s rather than threes. I think he is by far our best UDFA and can develop into a solid starter.

3 Likes

This game made that so hard to evaluate because gap discipline and edge setting discipline was so bad.

4 Likes

I did notice him. #62 I believe, saw him getting in the backfield a few times and disrupting things. Also during the 1st episode of hard knocks, they showed a play where #62 came flying into the backfield for about a 4 yard loss tackle on the RB and the players were going wild. Let’s get him some playing time earlier in the game this week.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure who #62 was at the time but I remember him getting pressure and making some plays.

4 Likes

Brockers is testing that theory to the max. He was getting pushed back 2 and 3 yards in our attacking defense. But maybe the man love is too great, and Brad is to Brockers like BQ is to Patricia.

2 Likes

I just don’t think Brockers is any good. He’s average at best. He played beside maybe the best DT in the history of the NFL for about 8 seasons, Donald got double teamed almost every single play and Brockers basically faced a single team his entire career. He came to Detroit and Aaron Donald aint here, Brockers now gets accounted for out there and he’s been invisible.

Seems like a great locker room dude, but that only goes so far if his play on the field sucks. I’ve said this before, but he had 1 QB hit all last year, 1.

3 Likes

I don’t know he’s a sure thing… DC said in a press conference this week about how with the veterans, you don’t have to see it every day but at some point you still gotta see it.

We’ll see, I do think he makes it but not a sure thing

2 Likes

It’s the money, really. The money says he’s making the 53.

2 Likes

IDK… $4 million of his salary is guaranteed…
but $3 million is not.

If he isn’t good enough to start and play substantial reps… I think they should move on and save a little money.

3 Likes

Cut Brockers, sign Suh.

9 Likes

Suh or Richardson. 2 vets still available that would immediately be our best DT. It also might be hard to evaluate our current DT’s with such poor linebacker play.

7 Likes

I liked the Wascaly Rabbit too (Buggs)

Interesting things to see, in these battles. They are fighting it out to see who gets to back up my new DT next year. :wink:
That’s the long term of it. 2 of these cats might make it as rotational/depth guys.

I believe in Paschal big time. I believe he will be opposite Hutch in a 4-3 look a lot.

WE NEED GOFF TO SUCCEED, so we can get the monster DT that I lose sleep fantasizing about. LOL. Reggie White II? Suh II? Something close to that?

You gave us Sewell…You gave us Hutch…C’mon, baby Jesus…I know you’ve got one more in ya! Please and thank you in advance!

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL. Writers of that cartoon made bald guys look bad. Can’t condone it!

1 Like

62? The Waterboy beat the shit out of that guy.

The Longest Yard Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Going into this season I thought DT and LB were a huge problem for the Lions. After 1 preseason game I think our run defense, covering TE’s and RB’s out of the backfield is going to be a struggle.

2 Likes

It’s still early and teams are still waiting to see how the rosters pan out but I do wonder why those two aren’t signed yet. Is it they are asking too much money, health issues, waiting to see how younger talent plays out, all of the above?

I’m sure they will find a team when the season starts but I also wonder what the insider info is on both those guys

1 Like

Honestly, I think they are both 10+ year vets that can’t stand training camp or preseason. They will both sign with a team in the next 7-10 days I predict.

5 Likes