The way too early 2023 mock draft thread

Everyone’s pet tiger- Josh Allen plays with a defense that had allowed 21 or more points TWICE this year…. Bills lost BOTH!!! Hell they even lost one where the opponent scored just 20!

TB12- ALL 5 GAMES THE BUCS WON- they allowed 16 or less points… all 5 games they lost? They even lost 3 games allowing just 21 or less!!!

So between the Bills and Bucs they’ve kept 16 out of 19 opponents to 23 or under!

The Bucs and Bills are 11-8 collectively and they’ve combined for just 7 games with 24 or more points scored!!!

Lions alone have done it 6 times!!!

1 Like

I think if the staff isn’t content with Goff… they should all be fired right now!

Many choose to ignore stars in lieu of the eyeball test…

It’s amazing that nobody seems to notice the 3 TDs and 8 turnovers J Allen has over the last 3 games, and his teams 1-2 record in that span….

The freaking Bills have held 8 of 9 teams to 22 points of less and yet they are only 6-3?

The 49ers have held 7 teams to under 20 points this year and are just 5-4!!!

• is it really J Hurts? Or is it the fact that Philly has only allowed 2 opponents to score over 21 points all year? The Eagles are 1-1 allowing over 21 points on the year

• is it really L Jax? Ravens are 1-3 when opponents score 23 points! It helps a QBs record holding teams to single digit points!

1 Like

Before last week…. Rams were 3-5 with Stafford…

The rams scored 14 or less points on offense 4 times!!!

1 Like

pfn-logo-black
DET
Jalen Carter
DT Georgia
DET

Joey Porter Jr.
CB Penn State
DET

Cedric Tillman
WR Tennessee
DET

Zach Charbonnet
RB UCLA
DET

Jack Campbell
LB Iowa
DET

Bo Nix
QB Oregon
DET

Brant Kuithe
TE Utah
DET

Dante Stills
DT West Virginia

2 Likes

If Jalen Carter falls to us I will be shocked. The guy is a serious stud and fills a huge need.

1 Like

2 top defenders would be nice.

Levis is a bust waiting to happen.

2 Likes

I read far too many posts about talent deficiency on this roster. I think it’s more than just the talent level of the players. You have 1st (Hutch) and 3rd (McNeil) rounders on your DL as well as a +$ FA DT (Brockers) and a former 1st round DE you resigned to +$ (Harris), a 1st Rd CB (Okudah) and another that had 6 ints last year (Oruwariye), you drafted a S (Joseph) that is on several all rookie teams and another that was a +$ FA (Elliot), not to mention a S you resigned in FA (Walker), a rookie LB (Rodrigo) that is on several all rookie teams and another you resigned as a FA (Anzalone). This is your team.

With the players this staff has assembled, the best we can do is the 32nd ranked defense? Unacceptable, I expect more. We’ve been told, we’re going to play to the strengths of the players and coach them up. From DC himself “none of that matters and honestly you don’t want to hear it anyway. You’ve had enough of that shit”.

I want to see players getting better and the coaches doing more with less. The defense assembled must perform better than we’ve seen or you’re not playing to their strengths. This isn’t just bad luck or a talent deficiency.

I see it as an experience deficiency. In this regard, we’ve seen improvement in the D making plays to win the last two games. Hopefully, an up-trending unit, but time will tell if this continues… They need another draft to be where we need to be long term especially at LB, DT and DB/S.

1 Like

I somewhat agree here. Holmes would have the entire DL built out by now without the unexpected lingering back issues with Levi O. So much of the Lions improvement from here on out will be on the coaches getting these young players to play to the best of their abilities. Even this season, we might have the worst ranked defense but I do wonder if we will improve on that the rest of the way. You can see the guys growing on defense. Even guys who we don’t necessarily think of young guys anymore like Okudah and Okwara. So much youth already. Kerby, Rodrigo, Paschal, Hutch, Jacobs, Barnes, and Alim are going to be hitting stride to go along side whatever we end up picking up in the draft.

Which part of that don’t you like?

-That the staff is content with Goff
-adding a potential replacement
-or there isn’t urgency to replace him

I’m assuming the adding a potential replacement part. Maybe they aren’t worried about that, just makes the dumb as hell if they aren’t. Which wouldn’t be surprising one bit.

Actually it was 100000% contradictory. But you can spin it and interpret it however you want to fit your next rant. Literally posted a list of missing players as if every fan on this board isn’t aware of it.

I’m totally on board with his entire stance on the draft and our defense. The contradictory part is his Quarterback take. You know this you just like to “educate” constantly.

I do believe the staff likes Goff. But if they are really considering him it be the long term option (as in an extension candidate), they should be fired. Goff is a game manager who is leading the NFL in turnovers (or close to now I’m not sure). This dude doesn’t excel at anything but is ok at everything. There literally isn’t an example of paying a Jared Goff being smart or working out. Carson Wentz is the best comparison out there (Goff is probably better minimally), and he is out of a job again.

I’m gonna say it until it comes true lol. Extending Goff makes the lions the SOL…it would be moronic.

So what are you trying to say? The first quote is “the Bills and Bucs have won because their defense held other teams 23 points or under.” The moral? Defense actually wins games.

Your second quote is “despite holding teams to under 22 and 20 points respectively, the Bills and 49ers are only/just 6-3 and 5-4.” The moral? Defense doesn’t actually win games.

You’re contradicting yourself.

2 Likes

My sort of ideal draft would be something like this. At least in Nov anyway:

1a Jalen Carter DL UGA - big time playmaker we need inside that will complement our ends well
1b Kelee Ringo CB UGA - physical cover corner who will fight big WRs for the ball
2a Anthony Richardson UF QB a bit of a project but at 6’4" 235 and runs a 4.4 with a cannon arm.
2b Drew Sanders LB Arkansas - middle linebacker of the future.
3 Darnell Washington TE UGA - massive Y TE who will help the ground game and the new QB
5 Emil Ekiyor Jr. RG Alabama. Gives us a guy who can move people next to Sewell for the 3rd and 1s.
6 Xavier Hutchinson WR Iowa State. tall big bodied WR with great hands
7 Mohamed Ibrahim RB Minnesota RB depth

3 Likes

Another draft and acquiring a difference maker in FA (LB, S or DT). I still believe this defense should be better than 32nd and with a historical number of points allowed. I remember 0-16 Rod Marinelli, there is more talent on this defense.

• DET

Will Anderson Jr.

EDGE Alabama

• DET

Bryan Bresee

DT Clemson

• DET

Emmanuel Forbes

CB Mississippi State

• DET

Zach Charbonnet

RB UCLA

• DET

Jack Campbell

LB Iowa

• DET

A.T. Perry

WR Wake Forest

• DET

Bo Nix

QB Oregon

• DET

Riley Moss

CB Iowa

No trades

3 Likes

I have watched a couple UF games this year and Richardson has physical attributes (like Joe Milton) but he has looked horrible in the games I’ve watched.

Haven’t watched any Arkansas games this year, although I’ve heard his name frequently. What I’ve read is he has been used primarily in a Edge role and recently was moved off the ball and would play a role similar to Okwara - SLB, he’s at his best rushing the passer. I know we need LB help, where does he fit? I’ve been looking for Anzalone replacements and one of the knocks on Sanders is that his size is maxed out and he gets swallowed up by blocks, has trouble disengaging. Sounds similar to Anzalone. I’d like to hear your thoughts on him. I want a LB with size, athleticism and above all instincts, in 2022 draft I liked Quay Walker, Devin Lloyd, Chad Muma, Damone Clark (Dallas stole him from us) and Troy Anderson.

Would be pretty much a dream draft for me.

1 Like

Wasn’t that at all, just thought maybe you heard something I didn’t. I know I think similar Goff is good enough you shouldn’t reach for a guy you don’t absolutely love . But I really have no idea what these guys are truly thinking.

1 Like

Yeah… Kind of looks like all of those numbers just prove how important it is to have an offense that can score consistently.