They decided to trust Stafford!

A 20 yr old rookie should not be determining what support he needs at the NFL level. No they don’t bench him, they just introduce him to his new QB coach!

Stafford is as special a talent as Barry or Calvin were. He simply plays a position that is far more dependent on other factors than a RB or WR are. Stafford already has a much more impressive record of bringing his team back with amazing comebacks than any QB I have ever watched in an absolutely horrible situation. He has suffered through run, run, 3rd and long all day long as our stubborn coaches try to show they can run but never can. Instead of letting Stafford go the way Mahomes is treated in KC so you can bury opponents, they have kept him in handcuffs and leg chains until we are out of options.

then don’t leave out other obvious problems this team has faced each and every season.

1 Like

Okay, just don’t use Matt to excuse shitty play by 50 of the 53 guys on the roster, not to mention the coaches and management.
They don’t deserve a pass anymore than Matt does!

Thank You !!! well said !

yep notfishin you got it right imo. I dpnt feel matt played that well a lot last year there were contributing factors of course but I still think he was off at times ,But for the must part of this guys career I think he has been less of the problem

1 Like

dang gotta spell check lol, anyhow matts been good most of his career imo.Hope he has a great year.

Maybe you’re not the guy to lecture anyone about being one sided?

I’m not asking them to get a pass. I’m holding Matt up to Matt.

I’m fine if everyone gets the same standard. But that’s not what I’m seeing a lot of. I’m seeing Stafford get every excuse in the book including the presumption that it’s his “shit” supporting cast and “dumb” coaching. Sometimes it’s not the teacher but the student.

He had one.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2009/02/lions_complete_coaching_staff.html

don’t know wth your talking about , I look at The Lions team-wide from the front office on down, I don’t concentrate about always bitching about one player on an entire team/ Stafford.; driver. and no I don’t make excuses for him either especially when many things happened team-wise & player-wise, that negatively affected Staffords play and in many seasons of his career not just one season or the other.

you are being the most one-sided ONLY bitching about Matt Stafford. I am a realist when it comes to him, that is to say that Stafford is not elite, has made his own mistakes, can make poor decisions with the ball, he is maybe 11th best in the NFL and nowhere near Brady level , Matt isn’t a top 5 QB. sometimes I think you get me confused with JR…who would NEVER say what I just did about Stafford. BUT*** I live in reality and ‘know’ with sincerity what I said is true. BUT I’m not going to sit here day in and day out trying to change your mind Iggy The III /driver . you two are so much alike it’s scary.

First of all Calvin Johnson was on that 2007 team. 99 percent of people will take the receiving corps of 2006-2007 over 2012-2013. Kris Durham was never catching 98 passes like Furrey did. Shaun McDonald was no scrub. He caught 79 passes in ‘07…Durham wasn’t doing that either

No he did not and his mechanics were awful in 2013, just like a golfer who lost his swing.

Rookie.

Kind of hard to catch 98 passes when you only get 85 targets.

Maybe Kitna was better at finding the 2nd and 3rd read?

Even if he had more targets he wasn’t catching 98 passes. Durham just did not have the talent.

1 Like

“maybe Kitna was better at finding 2nd or 3rd reads”

What what those be…the nickel or dime DBs of the opposing team??:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

It keeps coming around to that. Talent.
Just because you have Stafford, Megatron and Suh, doesn’t mean you have a talented team.
The fact that the GM and coaching staffs were fired has to say something, too.
They fired them and kept Stafford who is “the problem”? Yeah, okay.

He also had a QB with placement issues.

So did Shaun McDonald

I’d have liked to see Stafford on that 2007 offense.

I can’t even imagine how many excuses there would be…

Stafford + Martz = record INTs.

Stafford cut down on INTs in 2014 because they pulled all the deep passes out of the playbook, put him in shotgun/pistol all the time (except 2014), got backs who could catch passes in the backfield, and got him Golden Tate for all those YACs.

Stafford was one of the lowest air yards passers in the league when Caldwell came in to “fix” him…

Kitna was told to wing it.

I think JR is right. Stafford’s arm talent is pretty amazing. Top of the line. I think he’s tough. And I think he commands well.

But the rest of his game is probably only “above average” or “average” (like his placement and touch). We don’t really know how well he reads the field since we don’t have access to the playbook to see what he’s left on the field. I may be more pessimistic than I should be, but I don’t know. I’m finding it hard to trust Stafford because I haven’t seen the consistency that would indicate he’s got “it”.

I hope I’m wrong. But I’m not going to lie to myself and ignore facts that speak to doubt.

1 Like

Man you really like to use hyperbole to push your opinion/agenda…

1 Like