This board is acting ridiculous

The different is they would need a TD. Completely changes the way you play defense. You play the sidelines and deep, let the 10-15 yard completions go. The win probability if we make that FG is probably 90%.

If we have Prater or Hanson I would kick it 100%. Difference is we have Seibert.

I’ve seen no one call for his job.

Yes, 4th quarter, up by 10 points, normal coaching decisions. I’m not talking about the meat of the game, I’m talking about when it’s time to seal the deal and just make the normal football decisions to win in that situation…Dan shat his pants in a vintage sol fashion…and guess what? HE EVEN SAID SO HIMSLEF AFTER THE GAME.

1 Like

Maybe nobody said fire him but there were many here saying he is a meathead and will never make it as HC. Many said we will be rebuilding again in a couple years. So maybe it wasn’t fire him now, but rather we will fire him later.

5 Likes

Again with the “normal decisions”? That’s not really applicable.

If Dan thinks the conversion is unlikely to succeed but Siebert is likely to make it then the field goal os the right decision. If he thinks neither are likely to succeed then you punt… If he thinks we’re likely to convert then you go for it. It was a tough and nuanced decision.

4 Likes

This kind of seems like you’re implying he should lose his job:

NateThe Godfather

2h

It’s the type of game that would cost coaches their job. But Dan gets free reign.

5 Likes

Okay but how does that make him a meathead? He’s a genius when it works but a meathead when it doesn’t. He definitely needs To be better in the 4th. No doubt. He made some crucial mistakes today. No doubt. He is still the right man for the job and will be the best coach in our history, IMO.

My issue isn’t with people being critical. My issue is with people acting ignorant. I love this board, but I usually stay away during games because of the massive mood swings.

5 Likes

You are pretending the first 3 quarters that we won being aggressive dont count so you can win a point you are trying to make.

Dan needs to hire an analytics guys to tell him what the historical data says gives him the best chance to win rather than playing his gut hunch. His emotion is what makes him a good coach but emotion is not a good way to make these decisions. Take the emotion out and play the odds. His emotion told him to play chickensh*t ball at the end and it was wrong.

6 Likes

Yes if we had different players the calculations would be different. But we have who we have, so the actual choice was asking Goff, who had a very good game, to complete one short pass, versus asking a mediocre kicker to set a personal best and counting on a lousy defense to keep them out of the end zone in a two minute drill.

This wasn’t even remotely a close call. If Goff had been 12 for 31 with 2 INT, maybe. But he was good today. Put the game in his hands.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure he said in some press conference that he does have that and it seemed like he played the odds all day until the last kick attempt.

Yep, this place turns into a looney bin after every loss

Tough road game
Lions beat the spread
I was surprised he didn’t go for that last 4th but shot happens
Lions came very close to a great win today

Too bad our top players got nicked up

Next week we go 2-2!!!

6 Likes

Has anyone wanted DC fired? You can be critical of someone without wanting them fired.

I love DC, but what he is doing is a really big problem. If you can’t see that, that is also a problem.

4 Likes

Uhh probably because this is completely false. His failure on 4th down with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd put the Vikings back in the game.

1 Like

Exactly. I am a fan of Dan. He’s clearly a motivator and leader and the team responds to him. The culture he is building is good. I don’t want him to be fired. I just want him to stop being such a bonehead when it comes to simple game management decisions because if he keeps doing stuff like this and keeps giving away games, he WILL get fired.

There is no other person to point the finger at for this loss other than DC. He deserves to get roasted. Defending him just makes you the standard lions fan. Keep drinking the cool-aid regardless of what happens on Sundays.

I love the guy too. He’s hard not to really like. But he better learn quick because I’m not going to back what happened today forever.

2 Likes

Some 4th down attempts make sense. And some don’t. He made two really bad, game altering decisions on 4th down. 6 4th down attempts in a game in which you never trailed?? That’s just reckless plain and simple. And it’s not like they were deep in opponents territory.

1 Like

Doesn’t he also deserve credit for the earlier decisions that resulted in 17 points for the offense? Nobody is disputing the bad decisions made in the 4th. He has got to be better. You can’t knock him for terrible decisions and not get him credit for the ones that succeeded.

3 Likes

Explain the decision to go for it at the end of the 2nd half…that decision changed the game too.

6 4th down attempts in a game you never trailed. Please don’t tell me you think that’s a good idea. Don’t be result oriented. You are setting yourself for failure doing stuff like that. Now if you are playing the Bills and know you have to score 40 to win, fine.

It’s reckless coaching bro. He deserves criticism because his decisions directly cost us the game.

2 Likes

Siebert? He makes that first kick and we’re quite likely to wonnthat game.

Aaron Glenn?