This mock draft was too good not to post

In my humble opinion, this would be a really good draft.

Is it realistic? I don’t know if we get Hyatt at 61, but other than that this is do-able.

9 Likes

I dig it. Also with the PFN mock when it’s done, if you click on a lion icon it will give you a display that fits the pics to a single screenshot

5 Likes

We have to get a good DT in the first 3 rounds.
Everything else is a want.
We need a DT to replace Levi.

6 Likes

Yup we need to address DT either in FA or draft.

I LOVE the first 2 picks, but am not yet educated enough to know the later dudes.
I’m 100% all in on getting a RB in the first 2 rounds, with Dijon or Gibby being my targets

2 Likes

I like that draft a lot, commented about DTR being a take for me this weekend if he was there in the 5th. Hate missing one of the top CBs in the first, but with a deep class and the injury to Williams causing him to fall , that would compensate. BR could push this offense to be great, especially with Jamo and Hyatt’s speed pulling those safeties out of the box. Pair this with a trade down with Carolina, wow! (mentioned in a previous thread #2 > #6, #88, 2024 1st and 3rd, 2025 1st)

1 Like

How about this draft…and picked up another 4 first rounders. Then we can definitely get Caleb Williams!

2 Likes

No trades…

• DET

Jalen Carter

DT Georgia

• DET

Joey Porter Jr.

CB Penn State

• DET

Bijan Robinson

RB Texas

• DET

Tommy Eichenberg

LB Ohio State

• DET

Brandon Joseph

S Notre Dame

• DET

Andrew Vorhees

OG USC

• DET

Jaren Hall

QB BYU

• DET

Jermaine Burton

10 Likes

Love it.

I really like this mock. Don’t know much about the players but I hope we get a high caliber DT and CB first and foremost.

I’ll outline everyone for you and anyone else that would be interested…

Anderson - Needs no introduction. Absolute beast

Robinson - Also being debated at length on here currently. I am bought in should we take him.

Forbes - Ballhawking CB with 14 career INTs. Think Trevon Diggs but without giving up so many yards

Hyatt - Undersized outside WR with elite acceleration. Think Jaylen Waddle, except less built. Also has some junkyard dog to his game similar to Amon-Ra.

Campbell - Nation’s leading tackler I’m pretty sure. @1CasanovaJack can tell you more, but this is a fundamental linebacker who we’d love to have.

Oluwatimi - Our future RG after we cut Vaitai. This dude can play football. One of the best IOL I’ve seen recently. I have watched one full game of him and can already tell he will be a solid pro.

DTR - Dual threat backup QB that can develop. Has improved as a passer this year and puts up great numbers.

Garrett Williams - Similar CB to Okudah and would have been a 2nd round pick had he not tore his ACL. In the 6th though, this is elite value and when he gets healthy he will likely be a solid CB if he fully recovers.

4 Likes

Thanks for that breakdown. I do know Garrett Williams from a couple Syracuse games I’ve seen, he was pretty good and they talked about him quite a bit. Didn’t realize he tore his acl

Boing

He was leading tackler last season, still right up there this year. What can you tell me about Eichenberg, I really like his game as well.

2 Likes

He’s gotten a lot better this season than he was, I’ll say. He was the Rose Bowl Defensive MVP last year but nobody really understood that one.

He’s not necessarily the fastest guy on the field but he usually will make the tackle when he gets there and plays very fundamental football. He’s decent in coverage also, but he’s not super at it. He seems to be in the right place at the right time but he has missed a couple of clutch tackles this season, notably the 4th and goal from the 1 inch line against Penn State.

I just can’t really evaluate any of our defensive players yet though, because the Knowles scheme is so different than anything I’ve seen in a long time and what it looks like at first glance is that everyone is a product of that system. It’s just so new that I can’t really tell who’s good and who isn’t, if that makes any sense. After a year or two of guys going to the NFL out of it I’ll get a better read on it.

Also to the Michigan fans reading that, I have absolutely no idea what Knowles was doing on Saturday. The defense we ran all season wasn’t even close to the cover 0 nano blitzing we did all game on Saturday. I can’t believe we were so complex all season and then so simple in the biggest game of the year.

4 Likes

Same scheme Rodrigo played in his whole career.

1 Like

I keep telling myself that when I’m watching Eichenberg, but I feel like Rodrigo flashed more athleticism in college. I don’t know. I feel like I saw something with Rodrigo that I just don’t with Eichenberg.

Chicken My Body Is Ready GIF

1 Like

Coverage is what I was really interested in, I have seen enough of his play to like his game but at the next level that’s going to be a big deal.

2 Likes

Thanks for spending the energy and time, my bro!
you guys are pretty freakin’ cool.

all of that stuff seems pretty awesome. Love the idea of teh first 2 picks, and the injured guy in the 6th as well (feels like a Holmes move).

3 Likes