This team needs a DT, and BH needs to go big

That would be freaking awesome. Much better prospects sliding to us at 6 and 18. The more QB’s taken early the better. That’s how we got Sewell at 7, teams kept drafting QB’s and only 1 of those QB’s has shown any potential.

2 Likes

They will not pay huge nor will they pick up anyone that’s not their “type” of player …

So, if they do pull the trigger in anyone in FA, it most likely will actually work out for us!! :crazy_face::upside_down_face::+1::pray::heart:

I would love for his next speech to be, “I have BEEN to the mountain top…”. I want him back but we still need a DT who is a brick wall in the running game and can disrupt the passing game.

1 Like

Hargrove is my number one FA on my list.

I really want Campbell in round 2.

I’m pounding the table for Hargrave, 3 years @ $50 million is worth it. He dominates against the pass and run, he has an Aaron Donald type impact. Love his game.

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of his ability to rush the passer from the interior. He turns 30 in a couple weeks would be my only hesitation on him.

2 Likes

Age is just a number my guy. These dudes are built much different

While I agree to an extent, a lot of players fall off a cliff after 30. See Brockers for example.

Brockers has never been a great. Hes average player.

2 Likes

Hargrove and Dean are two vets i would love to sign.

1 Like

I’m open to the idea of Hargrave, he’s a beast on the interior. Just not sure Holmes is going to be going after expensive 30 year olds in free agency. Really hasn’t been his style so far at all. More likely I see us keeping our own guys like Cominksy, Chark and Elliot for the same price as Hargrave will cost.

1 Like

I’d be worried if he didn’t just dominate at age 29… Nothing past a 3 year contract for me, but I’d put money on him still being very productive at 32… Suh was, Donald is, Heyward is… Obviously it’s not a for sure thing, but he’s exactly what we need on our front IMO.

3 Likes

That is probably true, but did extend Brockers

Hopefully this is how it works out for us. Trade up using our 2nd round pick and then trade down from #18 for another 2nd round or 3rd round pick. maybe pick up OG Cyrus or JL Skinner, or the CB that falls.

not having to reach or overspend makes signing a guy like D Payne that much more enticing.

I know who you are now!

3 Likes

You are wrong my friend

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

2 Likes

I may be in minority but if Carter is not there in draft I don’t think they go DT until after rd 3. I don’t think they will splash on a DT in FA.

I think they like what they have in middle an its possible they draft a Edge to pair with Hutch on other side.

We will know more about how they feel about Romeo an Harris .

They like the DL inner two like Comiskey McNeal Pascal Buggs an Jones

Yes if there is one they really like in draft i can see them taking one.

They may draft one later to develop. More I look more I think if they resign Buggs an Comiskey think they will like the inner DL players will they claim one sure or sign minimum FA sure but splash signing no .in draft Carter yes after him no

1 Like

You’ll be a lot further ahead if you ignore what any GM says about free agency/draft.

3 Likes

Especially in January! Great point.

3 Likes

@TouchdownMyPants, I have to ask, who is that in your avatar picture? She looks familiar.