Time to clean house!

Now that’s entertainment!

I was thinking Roman Decimation, but that works too. :laughing::rofl::joy:

1 Like

I hope you get your way. I’ve given up on ever seeing a winner here, anyway.
Lack of consistency is why this team is a perennial loser. Coaches and QB’s have always taken the rapp for a horrid organization, and the fans buy it, every single year, and blame the QB and HC for not being able to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit!

I wasn’t a fan of the Campbell hire when they made it. He’s a hell of a guy. I just had an issue with them saying they were going to run a national search that would leave no stone unturned and ended up with a TE coach as the most qualified candidate. They hired him though and he deserves a shot at this. Next year will be a big year for him.

While I can somewhat understand the “fire Campbell” stuff, how in the world can anyone make that determination of Holmes?

More hyperbole most coachs and GMs they have hired have been fans favorites , Marnelli Patricia, Quin and Holmes and alot of people liked the MCDC hire too. Not sure what you want from ownership they change Coaches and GMs every few years when fans Hollar for it. They hire guys most fans like then when they fail they blame anyone one they can . I think being a top team in the NFL is harder then fans think. And this team has had horrible luck with about anything they do.

1 Like

Bingo! Thanks for driving my point home.
The Fords know about as much about football as the average fan. You don’t turn over the future of the business to those who have no real stake in that business or you wind up at half capacity because the fans are ignorant and fickle!

The reaction to the Campbell hire was the most negative I have ever seen of a Lions hire. People started to like him with the off-season candor. Now they are reverting back to the original reaction.

2 Likes

The Lions are a very very bad team.
Only real improvement has been on the O-line (until injuries) and the running game.
O-line depth will have to be addressed in the off season

Lions defense is about the same as last year and it was the worst in Lions history if I recall.

THE MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO LOOK AT THIS TEAM AS AN EXPANSION FRANCHISE. This is what the Red Wings did in the 80s with Jimmy D as GM. It took a number of years before then became good but it lead to 4 stanley cups in 20 years.

This is a complete rebuild and it has to come through the draft.

Hey, I hear that Gruden is available.

who would you have rather had? plus I wonder if some of the talks with others went like “the lions? aw hell naw”

I think Detroit’s situation required someone with experience in dysfunction. With that being the case Marvin Lewis seemed like an intriguing candidate.

1 Like

yea I always liked marvin. I think the fanbase would take a perennial playoff threat even if they couldn’t seal the deal. I mean, I think they’d settle for winning the NFC North for the…first…time.

1 Like

House is empty as it is, now you want the drywall removed as well…

I’m going to beat this drum until it starts to sink in.
Everyone seems to assume we can just hire whoever we want. We’ve had several good coaches laugh and say, “Awe, hell no!”. Just in the last 10 years, two, for sure.
Same goes with players. Remember, the Lions tried to get Kurt Werner. We wound up with Kitna, and he only put up with it for 2 years.
Barry quit.
Avril quit.
Suh quit.
CJ quit.
Stafford quit.
This team does not live in a bubble. Everyone in the world sees it all.
Few want to be part of it. Hard, cold, facts!

1 Like

You’re talking about a guy who took the Bengals job. The pre-Lewis Bengals job.

I still think Marvin Lewis was and is the best suited for this particular job. As for him not being able to "seal the deal " Dungy had that reputation too, until he did. I can tell you that no coach has EVER won a playoff game without getting to the playoffs. Might sound a bit like Captain Obvious, but it’s a point that seems to elude some people :thinking::smirk:

1 Like

Really the fact that we haven’t even won our division ever (the north) and then only a handful of times when it was the central is horribly depressing.

I’m curious if there are any other teams that haven’t won their division since the realignment.

edit: to answer my own question it looks like it just might be the Browns who have actually been worse than us.

1 Like

The single best thing this organization has done is grant Staffords wish to be traded. Hopefully it makes a difference in the future. To bad we’re gonna struggle until we build a team and replace him.