Tired of being blamed for Lion's shortcomings Scott Mitchell sets record straight

Been. F-ing. There.

1 Like

Oh BULLSHIT!
Where’d you hear this?
Some “insider” on this board posted it? Yeah, that’s a reliable source. Oh wait, some clickbait whore on social media posted it? Even more reliable source.
Has any of them ever publicly stated having any issue with him?
Not that I’ve ever read, so get that shit out of here.

1 Like

And, he won! The Lions did nothing but put him in tough situations, and he won.
Probably the biggest blunder in my memory.

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:ok

Mitchell preferred Tom Moore over Sylvester Croom.

Scott Mitchell was SO bad, his Pro Bowl Tackle wanted him gone/INJURED!

1 Like

Scott Mitchell appears to be having a mid-life crisis here, however he does make some decent points.

That Philly loss will be etched into my brain forever.

The narrative that Barry never had a great OL is just not factual IMO. 2 Pro Bowlers in Glover and Brown albeit at what many would consider the most important position’s along the OL.

Ray Roberts and to a lesser extent Zefross Moss had their moments too.

And Tom Moore is still getting it done. He’s incredible.

3 Likes

I was going to look for that article. Thanks for posting and setting the record straight.

1 Like

Maybe you don’t follow the team as close or as well as you think you do? :wink: You don’t remember the Bengal debacle after Mitchell threw a game-losing pick/6 and how he tried to apologize to the team and Robert Porcher said “That’s ■■■■■■■ unacceptable” and had to be separated from Mitchell because he was so angry about that loss?? See clickbait whore?? Really?? I see how mature you are about the subject….you don’t even follow this team close enough to remember shit like what happened after that Bengals loss. The team was so pissed at Mitchell that it led to him being not only benched in favor of rookie Charlie Batch….he was reduced all the way down to THIRD STRING, where he wasn’t even eligible to play.

1 Like

So what did he end up posting when he clicked “post”

the guy was an absolute mess

just look at his stats with 1995 removed

hell, they would have been better off if they stuck with peete

2 Likes

Im surprised that after 30 years, there are people who care enough about this that they still get fired up.

Some things in life are best forgotten and left in the past.

2 Likes

Perhaps you are correct….but I believe the initial reaction is Mitchell claiming that he is being blamed for the Lions’ woes during his time here in the Barry documentary and those of us who watched the documentary didn’t see or hear Mitchell’s accusations at all. I certainly never intended for this to be a “Bash Mitchell” thread!

3 Likes

Absolutely true.

Yet, if they had gotten a better QB, we might not still be waiting on a first Super Bowl appearance.

Personally, I don’t think so, because management kept letting good defenders leave, but I understand the sentiment.

2 Likes

So what you’re telling me is a giant man child who was immature and privileged in his 20s is now a giant man child who is immature and privileged in his 50s

5 Likes

All I have to say about Scott Mitchell is, he scared me every time he touched the ball, but, especially in critical situations.
Someone remind me of a time he was clutch. Cause, I can’t remember a single clutch play from him.
I do remember a bunch of losses that can be laid at his doorstep. Choke master supreme.
Sorry, I had nothing to do with his play. I just watched in horror.

1 Like

Mitchell has been “setting the record straight” for a couple decades. We don’t actually care.

He was a decent QB behind a shit OL. He definitely wasn’t the only reason the Lions didn’t win back then but facts are, if you stopped (or at least relatively contained) Barry then you could easily beat the Lions. Scott wasn’t driving any 4th Q, come from behind victories.

I watched those games live.

1 Like

GIF by South Park

Lomas Brown is a HoF finalist
Kevin Glover was a 3x Pro Bowl C and started 161 consecutuve games for the Lions.
Utley and Andolsek, while they played were better than league average guards. They also had Jeff Hartings for 4 years after that playoff implosion. Compton I didnt like at the time, but he had a long career as a starter…idk about him.

We wont talk about RT though, you right there.

The blocking scheme was such that it facilitated many delay/draw handiffs out of the gun and let DL come upfield to create cutback lanes for Barry. It was not a system you could use with most RB. Its also part of why Barry had a lot of negative plays, as were stacked boxes and teams being able to read tendencies.

They played a scheme that was conducive to putting up rushing and passing big plays, but wasnt conducive to ball control/ToP, and against the better teams in the 90s, it was too much to ask to beat the better teams consistently.

Also, the D needed one more guy on the line and not send Ray Crockett away.

3 Likes

Based

She’s 3 bills and looking for thrills :joy: