Todd Wash: Press Conference

I think Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is now number 1 on my FA wish list. And AG and DC have a relationship with him so we might be able to get him.

I wanted him out of college in the draft. He is going to want to get paid. Think he is going to want more than he is worth, just my opinion. There is a reason why the Saints traded him and the eagles aren’t going to sign him

I think he’ll get around 14-15m per? Is he worth that? Not sure. He’s one of the better safeties in the league and certainly. One of the most versatile.

I happen to think that given his versatility and skillset he would solve a lot of our secondary issues.

1 Like

Yea he said they saw some flashes when Houston was on scout team defense but they didn’t really know. And to be honest, it’s hard to know in practice. Scout team Defense isn’t allowed to get anywhere close to the QB, who is wearing a red jersey. When you watch Houston, his closing speed and his violence as a tackler, none of that would be showcased in practice.

Some guys are just gamers, and holy shit he’s a gamer. Thankfully he’s a Lion!

4 Likes

LOVE this → so comforting to know this handsome MF’r is getting it done up there

3 Likes

Nope! I thought about him a few weeks ago….

I am not sure we have to “draft D” but we surely have to IMPROVE D…

Jamel Dean is a big physical CB entering his prime with a 77 PFF grade. He’s having an almost identical season to Slay, but is only 26 til mid next season. He’s got 3 straight years from 74 to 77 grading.

• 5 years 75M probably gets it done.

Sheldon Rankins- has 2 high 70s pff seasons in his back pocket. He won’t get elite money, but will bring veteran experience, familiarity with DC and AG, and some inside penetration next yo Alim.

• 3 years 28M

A Amos- he will be 30, but isn’t slowing down too much. Doesn’t have flashy splash play numbers, but stout tackler. Fills the 90 tackle, 1 int, 1 sack role of Elliott at a cheaper tag given his age. Splits time with Walker?

• 2 years 13M

Commish/Paschal
Rankins/Levi
McNeill/Buggs
Hutch/Da Problem/ROK

AA/Rodrigo
Pappoe/Barnes

Branch/Iffy
Okudah/Jacobs
Dean/Witherspoon
Amos/Walker
Joseph/Iffy

I’m using a 1st, 2nd and 3rd……

I’d love to trade Rams down… get mid 1st, add 2nd and a pick in 2024

Bijan
R Rice
Voorhees

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.