Top 3 Players You Don't Want At 46?

We have been talkig about the guys we do want, but who are three guys that are realistically in play that you absolutely do not want to draft at 46.

For me it is

Sam Howell/Matt Corral
Any RB
Any TE

I know that is cheating a little, but I don’t want to see any RB or TE and don’t see the upside in Corral or Howell.

All offense? If Willis is there I want him. Other than that gimme a Lber or safety.

Punter, kicker.

After that, I really would prefer any other position outside of QB, but realize they have a very long wait until they pick again. So much talent will be on the board.

I love Walker III so no issue if they went that route, shocked, but ok…

Thats pretty much the same way I feel. Only other guy I wouldn’t hate is Ridder.

1 Like

No qb.

2 Likes

We have taken enough 2nd/3rd round RBs for my lifetime. I started really following the Lions in the early 2000’s and just off the top of my head.

Artose Pinner
Kevin Jones
Kevin Smith
Mikel Leshoure
Jahvid Best
Kerryon Johnson
De’Andre Swift
Brian Calhoun
Ameer Abdullah

Swift has thus far worked out, but every other one failed for one reason or another. If we take one I’ll support it, but I really hope we don’t.

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine. I don’t see them going RB.

Yea I like Ridder as well.

Howell
Ridder
Corral

Best was first round, pick 30

I looked at Matt Corral a little late in the process, but I came away thinking that he was probably the best combination of mobility and accuracy in the draft. Quick release. A bit skinny but hits the minimum height I prefer in a QB at 6’2. Has a better arm than I originally thought and throws a nice deep ball. I worry about how he projects to the pros playing in that RPO system at Ole Miss and how he’ll be reading NFL progressions.

I could see the Lions taking a flyer on that though. Give him a year to ramp up

1 Like

Any offensive player. Need to go D here.

I’ll gladly regret it when they steal a future offensive superstar (only time will tell), but in the moment I’ll be pretty pissed. Also, if they do go offense, the optimist in me will assume they feel better about their D than the rest of us.

Here’s to hoping they have a LB or Safety at the top of their board that falls in their lap.

1 Like

Wants

Corral, Dean, Brisker
In that order

Don’t wants

Willis, Ridder, Howell

Not Sam Howell

We need the best LB available.

I’d love to see them pickup Haskins in the 6th or 7th though. That’s a running back taylor made for a Dan Campbell rushing attack.

I wouldn’t mind ridder. He has a good arm, has good speed, he’s accurate, has good size. I think there’s good upside there.

After watching Alec Pierce cutups, Ridder’s accuracy scares me. He misses badly at tines.

If he didn’t have flaws he wouldn’t be sitting there in the second round. His upside though wouldn’t be a bad risk at 46. We’ve blown much higher picks on much more flawed individuals.

I’m perfectly fine using a late round pick on a RB. That is where you get value out of RB’s. Most RB’s are a dime a dozen. You have a handful of elite guys and then not much separate the rest. Thats why you see guys drafted in the 5th or later or even UDFA emerge as key contributors.

1 Like

No QB…

…other than that we have reached the point in the draft where I’m not nearly as picky. Just get good football players.