Top 40: Chris Simms has Goff ranked 30

Most in here have extremist views. I think Simms is extremist as well.
No Dan Campbell coached team will have a 30 or below ranked QB.

Goff will finish slightly above 15 this year. I dont’ see him as a franchise guy, but our team is so good that he can win 10.

some will scream…“I told you he could do it.” I’ll be like, “So did I,” but that’s not the standard anymore. We’re trying to win a SB here.

Some will say, “Why do you want to get rid of a 10 win QB?” I’ll be like…“cuz the SB is the goal.”
Maybe I’ll evolve into trusting him more? I dunno?
He is going to improve massively, and continue to develop. will he develop enough? I Dunno…
Just speculation. im okay with every single component of his game other than toughness. If he conquers that, I’ll be 100% on board w/him.

If now, I’ll always wish for someone tougher. I prefer a guy who influences other ppl’s energy. Goff has some great components to his energy. …and some not so much.

Daniel Jones has almost as many picks as tds while averaging about 2700 yards over the last 2 years. Never had a rating over 88…

So at this stage in Goffs career, 3 years, he had 2 pro bowls, a SB bid and a 13 win season

How many guys ranked above him don’t have a playoff win (let alone SB bid), a 100 rating season, or a pro bowl invite?

Comically bad

6 Likes

I was sort of trolling with that question.

(And, frankly, the thread — but hey, it’s June)

As skeptical as I am of Goff, I think it’s absurd to have guys like Mariota, Jones, and Hurts ahead of him.

5 Likes

Simms’s favorite song…

But still…Hurts sucks.

He’s right until he’s wrong.

Simms has been down on Goff from the get go. He was pimping Paxton Lynch in that draft. His claim that Lynch would be a franchise QB never really materialized

Simms has been on sometimes, like when he was a Mahomes advocate pre that draft. But he has also been way off sometimes. His consistent lower ratings of Tom Brady are peculiar and probably stem from grudge from when he worked for the Pats

But at the end of the day it’s not up to Simms whether or not Goff is a top quarterback or a bottom feeder. It’s up to Goff

2 Likes

Honestly, who cares? It’s an opinion. Apparently it’s an opinion that some here might disagree with. It possibly might be a more informed opinion then ours. Lists are dumb, they are meant to create debate……so it was successful. If the lions struggle, if they win 6 or fewer then Simms might be correct. Rather then getting pissed and listing the stats the stats Goff has had why not ask how Simms is coming to his conclusion? What does he know that I don’t? What is he valuing that maybe im undervaluing or not considering?

2 Likes

I think he is a dumb fuck, so the answer is no

5 Likes

@Martymcfly2017 your post just made me laugh, so you get the thumb.

I like Simms generally, but he will say the crazy thing to get noticed from time to time. I’m not saying that’s what this is necessarily, but it is part of his (well, the media’s in general) MO.

Other than Watson, there isn’t a QB ranked above him on Simms’s list that I would trade Goff for.

Sure, there are some guys there who are in the same general ballpark, and there are guys who are young enough that they theoretically have unlimited potential. But if you’re ranking guys for 2022, it’s silly to have Goff worse than the low-to-mid teens.

Hey guys, relax. We don’t know where he has Tim Boyle ranked yet.

2 Likes

I hope Goff does better than 30…I hope he will be top 5.
I think Goff will do better than 30…I think he will be around top 18.
I don’t think Goff is our long term answer at QB. It will be more difficult to go where we want to go with him vs. someone of Staffords’ caliber. I hope we can get a QB who will be consistently top 10 sooner rather than later.
I like Chris Simms, but really don’t put alot of thought into how he rates our QB.
Its better to fly under the radar, anyway.

Yes to all of this.

Everyone would agree with that… however-

Goff was better in LA than Brees was in SD

Guys like Stafford aren’t easy to find, and typically can’t win south out teams around them.

Peyton Manning and who else were drafted by complete shit teams- battled adversity and won a ring with their original team?

Vick
Carr
Harrington
Palmer
E Manning
Rivers
A Smith
V Young
J Russell
M Ryan
Stafford
Sanchez
Bradford
Newton
Luck
Griffin
Bortles
Winston
Mariota
Goff
Wentz
Trubisky
Mayfield
Darnold
K Murray
Burrow
Tua
Lawrence
Z Wilson
Lance

Eli Manning is the only QB drafted top 5 this century to win a SB with his drafting team…

Only Burrow, Goff, Newton and M Ryan even played one one with their drafting team as top 5 picks!!!

That is 30 top drafted QBs- 1 team that got a trophy (twice!) and only 4 others even got there!

NOT EVEN 33% OF TOP 5 QBS WIN A PLAYOFF GAME FOR THEIR ORIGINAL TEAM!!!

1 Like

Why is he a dumbfuck?

The issue with Goff might come down in part to entertainment. I love(d) watching guys like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, and Patrick Mahomes play because there is always the expectation of an amazing play happening at any moment. With Goff he just seems more like a game manager.

Not that he’s bad, he just isn’t exciting.

1 Like

Because goff is better then TUA, Mariota, mitch,winston, Hurts, Lawrence, Fields, Wilson ,jones Jimmy G, Wentz, Jones, Mayfield , Tannenhill.

1 Like

QBs don’t play in a vacuum…. They are very defendant on coaching, scheme, and the talent around them. Even if the QB is very self motivated, if the coaching is weak, it will negatively impact the effort of the supporting cast- IE- Fatty Patty eroding the roster around Stafford…

I’m not sure Stafford wins as many games as Hurts did in Philly last year, but I’m positive Hurts doesn’t win the SB last year as the Rams QB!

Tom Brady had a whole entourage beg their way to TB to play with him… some took big pay cuts-

Rodgers WR1 literally ran away from him…I bet if Rodgers showed up in Atlanta, Carolina, Washington etc they don’t win it all year 1-

I think Goff fits THIS offense

1 Like

I think any QB fits this offense
They are dope…and then adding in the coaching staff…

Fair