Top ten power ranked teams backup QB

I’m not sure that the best QBs are the guys you want to spend the best backups on. I mean if Mahomes goes down, you really are screwed. There are a couple of guys in history that could replace him and none currently.

Now if Goff goes down, I think there is a good chance you can keep the team afloat if you have an upper echelon backup QB.

1 Like

That’s just it though, before the 99 and 2001 seasons if you’d polled rams and Patriots fans they’d have told you backup quarterback was a big area of concern. Hell, almost everyone wrote off the rams in 99 when green got hurt. You never know who the next backup quarterback to star will be until they get a shot.

3 Likes

The legend of Sudfeld begins…

3 Likes

I think with a top ten defense, top ten Oline and run game even Sudfwld can keep the team afloat. Question is how will they fare in the playoffs if Goff or any of these starters pulls a Lance

1 Like

I think we end up with a top 3 OL (maybe higher).
Lots of ways to play it safe with our tools too. (that’s what she said)

1 Like

Let’s hope we never have to find out. Lol

2 Likes

Sudafed!!

Mad Cartman GIF by South Park

2 Likes

Sudafed is gonna put 'em to sleep.

Name like that it sounds like he’s a guy that regularly sues the government…
Sue da Fed

2 Likes

You make meth from sudafed…

1 Like

Meth-od of putting them to sleep

1 Like

This tells me that having two good QB’s is such a strategic advantage. Major insurance if your starter goes down, and/or major trade value. If you develop a good QB in house they can turn into lots a beans, while giving insurance. It’s the ideal situation.

Indeed and better to buy low sell high. Get a QB in the middling rounds, develop him into a stud, show him off preseason and flip him for a first

2 Likes

Hah, the number 9 back-up is named after a baseball bat. That’s not even the right sport, broseph!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.