Totally Realistic Prognostication For NFCN

6-11 with huge hands. Hope he can do better than Fauria :wink:

LOL! If he doesn’t, we can trade him for Garnett. I wanted that to happen so bad. KG instead of Sheed and we win multiple titles. Sheed was lazy.

KG was coached by Suanders and best friends with Billups. Freakin’ loved Billups.

I think KG was a better player but Sheed was a stretch 4. Garnett wouldn’t have given us that dynamic.

Random side note, I was a friend of a friend to Ben Wallace’s nephew. My friend (who was best friends with the nephew) and I were warming up getting ready to play some pickup basketball at MSU. It was the same day as the NBA Finals with Pistons vs Spurs. The idea was to get in some basketball time, then go home and catch the finals on TV. Suddenly he gets a phone call and the nephew is like “dude, I got an extra ticket to the game tonight, get your ass here ASAP!” He changes clothes and heads to Auburn Hills to catch the game.

I just always thought that was cool as hell. One minute you are going about your normal life planning on watching the game on TV, the next you are AT the NBA Finals in primo seats as a guest of one of the players and his family.

1 Like

That’s totally badass! Ben was awesome! I met him (or like 30 seconds). He loved what he did, and was really good to fans. Loved how he didn’t take his physical gifts for granted. He was very appreciative of the fans, and I always felt like it was a big part of what drove him. Loved the brotherhood on that team, too. Those dudes were going to battle together. There is always some semblance of that on teams, but it was very strong with them, and B. Wallace was a big part of that. His energy was like that of the big brother that’s got everybody’s back. LOL.

I was a season ticket holder for 4 years in that era (03, 04, 05, 06). I have these 3 ft bobbleheads that I was able to get Ben, Sheed, & Billups to sign. (does that make me a doll collector?) LOL.

Prince acted like he was afraid of us. Rasheed was funny. He’s like “I must be yo faaaavoriiite player, huh?”

Really neat story, Wes. Thanks for the share. Made me smile. Love reminiscing about those guys. Can’t wait to have more memories like that with the Lions!