Tracy Walker on Ahmaud Aubrey Verdict

There’s football and then there’s the tragedy of kids the players’ age being hunted and killed for being black males and the rest of us wondering if a jury will consider that illegal.

I know someone will do “competing tragedies” by bringing up that kid who shot up the Oxford school. It’s all horrible man, I’m not trying to say that just because Ahmaud was black, his senseless murder was worse.

I’m saying that there’s no doubt that the Oxford kid is going to be found guilty of multiple crimes and until recently, you could make up almost any lie about killing a black man and literally get away with murder. You don’t have to be a black person to see that is traumatic for an entire race of people - especially the kids like Tracy Walker who knows he’s beloved on the football field but still fears for his life the moment he leaves it and gets pulled over or stopped on the road. He’s not paranoid about that, he’s traumatized. I’m glad justice was done in this case, but it just reminds me that we’ve GOT to do better to see the humanity in each of us.

Lions’ Tracy Walker celebrates guilty verdict of Ahmaud Arbery’s killers while continuing to honor cousin (mlive.com)

4 Likes

An hour already and no “in before it’s locked” posts?

1 Like

the fact it took how long, 72 days for anything to be done about the aubrey shooters and only because of complaints shows the system is borked.

3 Likes