Trade Idea with Miami

Rd 3 pick102 Lions an Jahlani Tavai For Miami rd 3 pick 82

He fits there D an cost is cheap signed for next 2 seasons 2021 an 2022…If he sucks with them he is just a $758,449

This is type of trade that gets something for him he really has no fit on Lions now…

What idea do you fans have an lets keep comedy routines out Just a sound idea that is possible.

It’s not that he has no fit on the Lions, it’s that he doesn’t have a fit in the NFL.

I don’t see any team wanting him

2 Likes

Will throw this out 1st… pick #82 is 180 points on the draft chart.
Pick #102 is 92 points.

The difference is 88 points… equal to the #103 pick in the draft.

I would be shocked if the Lions could get a 6th round pick for Tavai.
I would even be surprised if they could get a 7th rounder at this point.

Without a late round pick this year I’d take a 6th or 7th for JT. Who knows, maybe our staff can get something outta of him but he looked like he didn’t belong on an NFL field to me.

I think he, quite literally, has no trade value.

1 Like

Yes, I’d do that trade in a heart-beat.
But I think Miami might consider the offer a comedy routine!

1 Like

Jags Traded • 2002 third round pick (#76) to Browns for • Wali Rainer and 2002 third round pick (#79) on 2002-04-20

Rainer, who like Tavai, was as slow as molasses, was highly insulted by the trade.

Tavai may be worth even less than that.

You guys could be right but if i recall you misses the Matt trade value big time :grinning:
The idea is he fits some teams D system doesn’t mean a few wouldn’t be interested. Pats might the idea was to find a way or idea not to show your dislike. I dislike his play but just takes one in BFL to think he fits.
Its why not just a pick but a switch of position of a pick.
I knew this would get reaction . When it happens have a big plate for the Crow :grinning:

Who has the mr irrelevant pick I’ll take that for tavai

1 Like

I think maybe a 6th round pick isn’t out of the question…but he might have a place in our new defense, idk.

how crazy would it be if it turns out the old coaches were using him wrong and he suddenly lights it up this year?

I don’t think that will happen, he just looks so slow out there, but hey, maybe he has a role

For a recent comparison…

The Patriots acquired third-year linebacker Kyle Van Noy from the Detroit Lions. Per NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo, the Patriots will also receive a seventh-round pick form Lions in exchange for a sixth-round pick, via a source informed of the pending transaction. New England confirmed the acquisition on Wednesday.

Lions got a swap of picks… which at the time of the trade (late October)… the Lions were 4-3 and the Pats 6-1. Lions would have known the Pats were likely to make playoffs… even if they couldn’t have predicted the comeback from 25-3 in the Super Bowl. The end result was that the Lions moved up from #239 to #215 in the trade. Lions drafted Brad Kaaya.

IMO… could have got Kaaya at #239… and probably as a UDFA as well.

1 Like

If Miami and Detroit’s positions were switched, Miami might make that trade. Might.

Yeah I’m not sure he even makes the roster this year too.

Him and Will Harris haven’t shown me they belong on an NFL roster.

At least Harris has speed though.

1 Like

Can he be traded to EMU? One of their back up LBer’s will do

I’m not sure we could get a 7th round pick for Tavai right now, he was that bad last year. His rookie season, he showed a few signs of maybe developing into something. Last year was a disaster for him and really the entire defense, except Okwara.