Trade with WFT

Would you pull the trigger? Move down 12 spots, for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year?

Draft calculator says 1500pts for our pick. Then 875 (19) + 390 (51) + ~400 (1st next year downgraded to 2nd) = 1665

Not really a premium for moving up to grab a QB, but better return than the CBS mock trade with NE.

Or better yet, if player X was still available/unavailable at 7, I would/wouldn’t pull the trigger on this.

Depends on who I’m passing up to move down, but I’d really consider that anyway.

I wouldn’t want to pass up on Sewell or Smith to do that deal, because I think they’re worth the picks I’d be passing up on. But if we move and get Toney at 19, I wouldn’t be that upset considering the haul that is that trade.

I’d probably do that trade.

1 Like

Potentially sure…

I see 3 paths…

1. Take Fields if he’s there, and “the guy” as getting our J Allen or R Wilson trumps anything else… Goff would fetch a 2nd and 3rd at least and can be traded mid way through the year or next offseason if need be… his 30M dead cap hit and 7M actual cap hit for Fields would be the same as Goffs actual cap hit of 31M and paying Waddle or Smith 7M. If he’s there and teams are willing to trade a fortune for him, we might be wiser to simply take him. If our guys don’t see him as a Pro Bowler-then cross off option 1!!!

2. Take Sewell or Chase… I think Sewell is the no brained. He solidifies us as a top OL unit with age and contract length as strengths. Having a top OL gives us the best chance to see a confident QB, and a 1200 yard rushing campaign from Swift. Right now we could be one injury away from a below average OL, and then we see a 920 yard season from Swift… we can’t run, so it’s on Goff without WR talent. So we can’t really evaluate any, so do we start over at both? On the other side of the coin, if the best WR in an epic WR class there, and fills our greatest need, it’s not a bad pick. Most see D Hop or young Odell level talent here. I wouldn’t hate it.

3. WFT Trade Down outside of drafting Fields- if he’s “our guy” this is the best move to propel us into contending. Why?

A) the meat of this draft falls to where we’d be picking. WR, RT, OLB, WR, DB…

B) we add more and more cheap starters on 4-5 year deals. If we draft wisely, we could end up with 3 maybe 4 starters in 2021 making a combined 5M on 4-5 years of tenure. We also have elite resources next next to add another 4 guys for a combined 13M (assuming one top 10 pick). To suddenly have 6/7 starters locked in between 3-5 years for a total 17-18M is an amazing youth, talent and value foundation.

C) then what? I’d trade back again if the opportunity presented itself… if the team is in love with T Marshall, Z Collins, or J Horn and one is there, I’d be okay with that. They all have the size, speed, and production to project as very good nfl starters. If not trade down to 24-28…

Draft

1. T Marsall/E Moore immediately gives us a stud WR with speed.

2. Jackson Carman, T Jenkins, Leatherwood, S Cosmi

3. Jamin Davis, N Bolton, ZCollins, J Cox

4. T Wallace, Amon-Ra, Dyami Brown, N Collins

5. DB

6. DT

In a heartbeat.

1 Like

Without hesitation

1 Like

I would do it. Unless they love Fields and he’s there (doubtful) or unless they see Sewell or J Chase a instant pro bowl type impact players.

PFF simulator I just did…

1. T Marshall- though I was tempted by E Moore who I like more than Waddle. Value wise.

2. Carman Jackson- with Cosmi and Leatherwood both there, dealers choice at RT

3. Bolton- though I doubt he’s there, but Jamin Davis and Cox were both there.

4. Amon- Ra- though Tylan Wallace and Amari Rodgers were there.

5. Jamar Johnson- safety

6. Michael Carter- RB

7. Bobby Brown 3- DT- Slaton there too.

I think this draft fortifies WR big time, solidifies the OL, improves LB- Bolton, Collins, Anzalone - gives us a ballhawk safety, really rounds out RB depth and contract length…

Goff could be evaluated fairly with this haul, and we potentially get 2 starters on D…

Then we have 3 firsts next year and 2 after? Done

I have been seeing a meeting of the minds between Washington and Holmes. I want their 1st rd pick but I also want DT Jonathan Allen.

Then I take their 2nd rd. pick. Their QB costs them a player they are unlikely to resign in 2022 and a 2nd rd pick.

Imagine Flowers, Allen, Brockers and Romeo Okwara with Julian, Austin Bryant, the Miami DE, Penisini, Nick Williams and Hand. That is a professional and winning DL.

1 Like

I don’t hate it, but I think J Allen will want 85M plus at 27. I’d rather have a first next year and the same 85m to throw at him if we deem him worth it. Then he’d be wanting to come here vs being traded here.

Or any other guy we prefer to throw 85M at

I’m gonna play devils advocate and say I wouldn’t do it just based on getting some elite talent on this team.
In all honesty though I think there is a good chance we could add elite talent with those picks. At 19 we could still maybe get a Darrisaw, or Moehrig, or JOK. The second round this year is stacked to. Three 1sts next year could set this team up for the next decade. It would be hard to not take that trade. Other teams have given up more to get their guy so it’s definitely plausible.

Unless Sewell is there I’d do it. 5 QBs going pushes a lot of talent down to 19. Then the thought of getting that extra starter in round two is very appealing. Lots of studs in RD2. Then with a metric butt ton of one year contracts, not just on our team, but around the league set 2022 up to be a great year to add FA’s, sign the guys who worked out, then have 3 first round picks to use on players, or to use as trade ammo for elite FAs.

Yes I would take it but I’m going to be working the phones trying to get back up 4-7 picks to hopefully get Waddle, Parson, Waddle or Slater if one drops. 19 and 51 could perhaps then be parlayed into 13 where one of those guys is decently likely to be available with 5 QBs going in the top 10.

3 Likes

I’d take that trade in a heartbeat.

Targets at No. 19:

WRs K Toney, R Bateman
OLB-DE A Ojulari, J Phillips
CB J Horn

3 1st round picks in 2022 would be a lot of fun…

1 Like

WTF #19 + 22 1st + 23 1st is a great start to a conversation. If we can milk them for anything extra in this year’s draft it will taste like gravy.

Or better yet this one on Draft Network

6 Likes

But if one of those premium talents are sitting there at Nos. 11-14, why would those teams trade down?

I like the idea of #19 and 74 and 82 plus their 1st next year.

Hard to say. Would depend on the scenario? Let’s say Slater is gone and LAC really want to go OT and has similar grades on Darrisaw and Vera-Tucker. I could see them moving down perhaps.

That would be a serious haul!