Trading UP to #1

Oh, geez!

I’d trade up to get Hutch if it cost like pick 97 to get him. I think Hutch is head and shoulders the #1 prospect of the Lions board.

I wouldn’t trade up but if I’m Holmes I’m acting like I want to, just to gauge their interest. If they seem more than willing, my guess is they’re not sold on anyone either and are less likely to take Hutch. (They probably know Det wants him). If they aren’t interested at all, or asking for a haul, it’s fair to assume they are probably taking him, but at least we know the approximate cost

2 Likes

I know the board does. Have you seen anything else?

We already just had that and it didn’t work out for us. Watson’s contract AND giving up the draft picks needed would handcuff Holmes from building this team back up right.
Trust me I would love to have Watson even with the personal baggage, he is a PLAYMAKER, but the defense must get fixed and you need draft picks to do that. I just don’t see how you do both with the state of this roster.

Not NO, but HELL NO.

1 Like

It would be the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals.

Determined to over spend…

OK, IF we end up with Hutch, KT, Willis, Ekonwu , Dean , Pickens, Ojabo, Burks, London, Muma, Gardener, Monday, Cine, Beavers, Mafe-we could be looking good…I mean any 2-3 of them. plenty of talent around to improve our defense and offense in WR , very soon…it’s going to get interesting and fun. I figure a BIG run on the top guys then a slower role picking.

Haven’t seen this posted yet… could be smoke and mirrors, could be legit… who knows! Of course going off the original post in this thread, maybe the Athletic is trying to create their own self fulfilling prophecy

If we move up to 1, I hope we give away the farm to do it. Can’t make bad picks if you don’t have any.

Season 3 Episode 13 GIF by Paramount+

2 Likes

Absurd to do that in a draft where there are 3-4 DEs of similar ability. This would take my admiration of Holmes and toss it out the window.

I still think the Jaguars leaked this and it never happened.

1 Like

Now if they want to use 32 or 34 to move up in the middle-ish first rd for someone they like, that’s a different story. But I agree, definitely not from 2 to 1.

If he traded up it’s be for willis not Hutchinson :smiling_imp:

1 Like

But…they’d just sit at 2 and take him when Jacksonville inevitably takes a non-QB.

Or when Atlanta decides they want Vick 2.0 and try to trade up with jax

But there’s only one safety.

We all know the Lions would trade up to take a safety, TE, or OG at 1OA.

That would be SOL for sure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.