Travel is opening up, just booked Argentina

My friend from college works for a wine distributor. We met up in Tahoe in March.
He brought 4 bottles of this. It was awesome. I got schnockered.

3 Likes

That’s a really great wine, I hope you remember how good it was.

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple 1 liter bottles of Caymus in my cellar. I usually just give it to my dad or his golf buddies. Good stuff but they’ll enjoy it more than I do.

Pine Ridge Cab is about to be on a $25 on premise deal for a short period of time where I live. At that price (wholesale) no Cab can touch it IMO. Pretty excited about that.

2 Likes

IOWA has some pretty archaic liquor laws and higher taxes, so I travel to Illinois once or twice a year to buy booze. I wish I had your access too, which I probably could have if I bought on line. Any recommendations for on line purchasing? In your situation it probably isn’t necessary, just interested to know if you ever have gone that route.

I think Wine Exchange has the most frequent steals. It is a bit hit and miss. I believe that’s bc it’s sort of based around overstocked inventory. I’d try there. Open up a second browser with cellartracker.com open and copy and paste the wine in there. Real reviews by real people. I’ve had a pretty good hit rate with using it to filter out overrated/overpriced wines. To be honest for the most part I don’t think it’s worth paying over $20 per bottle. Just too much good wine out there. The only time I do is when I can get a steal on a $50-$60 bottle of wine.

1 Like

Well, I went there and they don’t ship outside of California which sucks because they had a Zin that I would have bought today.

Huh. Must have changed. They shipped to Oregon back a decade ago.

I just wanted to pop in and say I’m actually getting excited for OP’s trip and I’m not even the one going on it.

:laughing:

2 Likes

Argentina sounds pretty good right about now. Good deal man. We are going to go back to Mexico. When we booked it, it was just one of the easier places to go without needing a health passport or a bunch of testing.

You have been to Argentina before?

Yes, to Mendoza, first time to Buenos Aires.

Because the Mule always comes back

1 Like

We have known no other way in our lifetime. LOL.

1 Like

1 Like

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

1 Like

Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

1 Like

Last year I got chased out of Cancun, late March, last flight out. I was suppose to go to Argentina in Nov, I was certain it would be over. Well, not so much. Anyway they just went thru a surge but now 1/3 of the population has at least 1 shot. I figure I’m good for Nov this year. I have to say that I’m looking hard at some deals next year because the whole frickin’ world is on sale. I’m Danish on both sides, 2nd generation but my heart is in Spain and Italy. I would include Greece but it’s too far for the return. My family has holiday in Spain, they get it. I encourage all of you to make this next year a time to go out and see the world, and Mule rocks.

1 Like

In late 2019 I was supposed to go to London with my wife for the weekend but I ended up having to cancel because something came up at work. It would have been my first trip outside of this continent (I’ve only been to Canada and Mexico). Then for New Years a few months later (to bring in what would be an EPIC 2020) we were supposed to go to Spain to celebrate. This time SHE had something come up for work and we had to cancel. That’s how we ended up at a rooftop party in downtown Charlotte instead of Spain.

At any rate, in doing the research it appears that Spain is a little more boring for New Years than we suspected it would be. We got an Uber driver in Charlotte that was from Europe and he told us that if you want to have a huge New Year’s party in that part of the world you need to go to Eastern Europe instead. He said historically the people were not allowed to celebrate various holiday’s that other countries celebrated, so New Year’s was one of the things they looked forward to every year and the do it really big.

Trying to put them off until at least October.

From AirBandB

I wanted to ask you if you could cancel the reservation, as we are unable to receive guests due to force majeure, the health situation is not appropriate and we do not know when the airports in the country will be open.
I hope you understand
Thank you very much and best regards

I just got back from Cabo. Its amazing how far behind they were down there in terms of opening things back up and getting back to normal.

1 Like

Gonna be there and PV and Mazatlan in late February. Hope they have it together by then.

It is Mexico though…

2 Likes