Tre Lamar Undrafted Free Agent

Interesting this kid didn’t get drafted. He was touted as a second round talent

From Walter:

Tre Lamar*, ILB, Clemson
Height: 6-3. Weight: 253. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.50.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2019): 2-3.
4/20/19: Lamar did not run at the combine. In 2018, he recorded 80 tackles with 5.5 for a loss, three sacks, one pass broken up and one interception. Lamar played well for Clemson, setting a physical tone in the middle of the field. He showed some intriguing edge-rush skills also. Adding weight and moving to outside linebacker to be a speed rusher is an interesting idea to maximize Lamar’s speed and athleticism.

8/29/18: According to NFL teams’ preseason data provided by team sources, Lamar checks in 6-foot-3, 243 pounds with 32.5-inch arms, 9.5-inch hands and a 78-inch wingspan. They have him running the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds.

Sources have told me that Lamar has a ton of potential and athletic upside. He possesses an impressive skill set with length, size and speed. As a sophomore, he flashed with 50 tackles, four sacks and a forced fumble. His initial projection from teams is that he has late first-round to early second-round potential if he continues to improve.

1 Like

But following a trend is his weakness is he can’t cover. I guess we aren’t planning on dropping our LBers into space next year :see_no_evil:

1 Like

We can always bring down one of the many safeties we have that also can’t cover. :thinking:

He ran a 5.01 40 at his pro day.

I almost spit up me beer when Quin said in his presser that he ‘improved team speed’

I think we are planning on going to 5 and 6 DBs out there as often as possible. I also think on 1st down we’re going to be blitzing like crazy from all directions to put the other team in 2nd and 3rd and long, thus bringing in the nickle and dime packages.

1 Like