Treadwell calls beating the Lions "easy"

Interesting.

Gotta luv bulletin board material especially from a bust/scrub!

2 Likes

I honestly didn’t hear him say it

1 Like

Maybe he’s sour that we didn’t sign him after bringing him in for a workout:

2 Likes

Amazing what beating 2 garbage teams will do for team confidence.

3 Likes

Not sure how we’ll be able to defend against him, I mean he’s so magnificent he has ONE catch in 6 games this year. Should we even bother covering him? He’ll most likely drop whatever Cousins throws at him anyway.

2 Likes

lol … I didn’t even know he was still on their team.

The Viking know how to abuse the Lions OL and they always bring a ton of pressure. They are not an easy win but no team is in the NFL. Including the NYJ and Miami as this last week showed.

1 Like

He wasn’t on the team at one point. They got rid of him, but then brought him back when someone got injured. That was what the announcers said during the game anyways.

EDIT: Okay, I’ve found some articles. Yeah, Treadwell was released by the Vikings and was sitting on his couch because nobody wanted him to begin the season. Chad Beebe went down in week 3, so the Vikings called him up. He’s only been back with the team for the last 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Didn’t listen but if true, isn’t it telling when you see why a player struggled to reach his potential when they lack something between the ears. Apart from perhaps fighters, it’s a mark of professionalism to show nothing but respect to opponents publicly, whatever you think of them privately. He probably thought the transition from college to the pros would be “easy” too.

1 Like

They were in the lockerroom after the game. Zimmer was saying “good win” and then getting their minds on having to go to Detroit the following week. I didn’t really hear it, but apparently he just kind of said it in the moment as he was part of the crowd of players listening to Zimmer speak. It wasn’t like he was in an interview or anything like that.

1 Like

yeah - personally, I don’t think this is a big deal.

But, bulletin board material (true or false) can be interesting. The 49ers, for example, were awfully keen to get after Baker Mayfield for a handshake that didn’t happen…that actually happened.

As the Black Mamba said, he’ll take any edge you wanna give him. And if you don’t give him one, he’ll just make one up if he has to.:rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, sounds like no big deal. It’s their locker room…players still need some place safe to talk shit.

1 Like

A couple of guys made good points this week. Ryan Clark said that teams are getting up to play Cleveland because of all the hype in the off season and because Baker is a prick. Same thing with Dallas… Dallas is getting the best version of their opponent every single week, because guys hate the Cowboys. Bart Scott said you can see that based on some hits guys are making… Bosa last week would wrap his arms overtop of Mayfields instead of going up and underneath, so Mayfield cant brace himself when hitting the ground. Many egregious hits on Dak every week because guys want to take him out (although Dak is not a prick and is one of the toughest guys in the league) You see it for years with Cam Newton, guys targeting his head constantly.

Bulletin board material is a real thing and guys will get up to play certain opponents.

2 Likes

And Bosa had motivation going back to the Oklahoma - Ohio State game…which he got to show off when he sacked Baker

1 Like

Yeah, this is a non event.

1 Like

Zimmer “Now we gotta get focused on beating Detroit”
Treadwell “No problem coach”
Media “Treadwell SLAMS Detroit and says beating them will be EASY!!!”

2 Likes

I’m just disappointed that he didn’t pull an AB and crop dust Zimmer. You want to be the best Laquon then you need star WR habits

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Bold Words Ebron JR !

2 Likes