Trey Flowers officially set to be cut

4 Likes

Just beat me to it.

Like the move.

10.4 more in cap?

5 Likes

With a June 1st designation? Doesn’t that save us more cash @DeadStroke ?

Thank God! What a waste of money.

In fairness to Flowers, he’s a solid player, just can’t stay healthy.

3 Likes

Yeah but wouldn’t that mean we don’t get to spend any of the cash next week?

1 Like

Flowers woke up to a letter reading “that ass is grass” About time this staff mowed the lawn.

1 Like

Sounds like they just want to rip the band-aid off.

1 Like
1 Like

Dave’s right. Trey has been class.
It really is too bad things didn’t work out. I’d much rather have a solid 18 Mil-per-year edge player on the roster than not, to be honest.

2 Likes

Won’t save any money until June 1 . . . that’s why I don’t think they’ll do a June 1 designation.

By “circle of life” I assume he means he’s headed back to Boston.

LOL

1 Like

But, he rarely plays. You can’t be paying out big bucks for players to watch the game on the sidelines.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is accurate, but I believe I read somewhere recently that they weren’t worried about when the money would be available this summer because they can use their money they were going to sign the draft picks with now, and then the money saved from flowers will be there when they have to sign in the draft picks.

1 Like

True, I’m just saying, I wish he had worked out. I wish we had a proper 18-mil-per-year Edge player. The toughness, the versatility, the prize that he was never panned out. Cutting him is 100% the right thing to do and was foreseeable last year. Still, I wish it had worked out.

3 Likes

For sure! Did any of Bob Quinn’s free agent pickups work out!?

1 Like

First day of the league year.

So no June 1st.

When is the 1st day?

Jack Fox

2 Likes

March 16th I believe.

2 Likes

It can still be “designated” as a June 1st, but as @DeadStroke says, the deferral of that portion of the dead money doesn’t happen until June 1st.

I’m like 51/49 that they’re just going to eat the dead money right now, but the talk they’ve had regarding being in the “talent acquisition phase” also makes me think they’ll spend to the hilt and push some of the dead forward a year via the June 1 designation.