Trey lance to cowboys

Trade value chart.

9ers gave up ~2600 points
Dallas gave up ~30 points

2 Likes

Fire fast
Has proven a successful process for some

1 Like

Also what the 49er could have had if they didnt trade.
Micha Parsons
Breese Hall
Will Levis
A 3rd rounder in 2022 (idk)

I would much rather have taken that

1 Like

Nah Iā€™d rather have Lance :wink:

Steve Young didnā€™t just move on to another team and shine. He went to an ideal situation and one of the most QB friendly situations he could possibly have landed in. Then he had to sit and learn.

Trey Lance is in a different situation. He was already IN the most QB friendly situation in the league. Struggling there means he is nowhere close to being ready. Either way, if you want to compare the situations it means Trey Lance is about to sit until he is 30 years old before getting to be the starter.

2 Likes

49ers should roll with Darnold as the starter. Heā€™d be terrific in that system with Shanny as his puppet master.

He will be the guy if Purdy stumbles out of the gate.

Hooker can throw a football. Lance only occasionally so. No envy here.

2 Likes

Purdy makes quicker, better decisions, and is more mobile.

Not sure about that. Darnold can scoot a bit. 40 times are damn near identical.

Purdy is probably a better processor but Shannyā€™s superpower is simplifying that for QBs.

Until he breaks them

As a frequent reader of this site, I was led to believe that a 5th round pick for Trinity Benson was the worst trade of all time. What happened?

1 Like

Im sorry, the correct answer is " A few crappy games from a washed Pat Swilling for Willie Roaf"

though we would have accepted

" whatever shit we got for Dre Bly"

ā€œJeff Hartings out, regret inā€

Or

" guess Bobby Layne was serious about that Curse thingā€¦"

Darnold is athletic when he decides to run. But I specifically referenced the word ā€˜mobileā€™

Purdy is mobile in a Tony Romo kind of way. Quick spins, and first step. Preternatural sense of guys around him and open space.

Very much reminds me of Peak Romo. If Purdy stays healthy, I dread the Niners.

Really? Interesting. Did you watch him at Iowa State? Personally I think Brock is purely a Kyle Shamnahan fraud.

2 Likes

Speaking as someone who lives in the Niners market area but also hates the team, I couldnā€™t be happier that they wasted a ton of draft capital and also hitched their future to the Purdy bandwagon.

2 Likes

Wow. OK. I guess your opinion is 80% different than mine, which is fine. (Brock certainly benefits from some of the easy throws Kyle schemes up)

Iā€™ve only watched him as Niner and in interviews. Though I donā€™t share his religious sentiments at this time (agnostic)*ā€¦Massively impressed with him as a human and a player. Guy seems to have come out of the womb ready for the big stage of NFL lights. In his skin fully, and in command of his abilities.

*I am always asking questions of myself and the world, perhaps not content with where Iā€™m at.

Sometimes I try burpingā€¦but itā€™s not doing much for me.

Cheap this year, next year not so much.

Trey Lance still is owed $940,000 for the remainder of 2023 and $5.3 million in 2024, all of which is guaranteed from Dallas. The Cowboys also have the ability to decide on Lanceā€™s fifth-year option for 2025.

1 Like

Looks like we did poke our head in for Lance

My thoughts: oooof, Lynch really screwed the pooch on the whole Lance thing