Tua Hurt

Tua Tagovailoa

The Answer is still The Question

Two of Miami’s last three games have been against Buffalo. Tagovailoa got yanked for ineffective play against the Bills in Week 17 last year. He had to leave because of injury after two series Sunday in south Florida. Combined score of the two games: Buffalo 91, Miami 26. Even in the great Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas days, the Bills never laid it on the Dolphins like this in a two-game span; Kelly’s high score in back-to-back games was 79 points. The Dolphins are not in Buffalo’s league, no matter who is quarterbacking—and backup Jacoby Brissett was as ineffective as the man drafted to be the franchise quarterback 17 months ago.

You don’t want to make too much of this if you’re a Miami fan, but reality bites for your team at quarterback right now. You turn on the TV and watch Justin Herbert, drafted one spot after Tagovailoa in 2020, develop into a top-10 NFL quarterback. You might have hope for Tagovailoa, but truly you can’t know if your long-term quarterback is even on the roster right now. And now Tua’s got a rib injury that could keep him out for the short-term—with the Raiders, Colts and Bucs coming on the next three Sundays. There’s also the matter of an impatient owner, Stephen Ross, who desperately wants his Marino. Sunday’s developments make it seem like Miami’s quarterback answer is still very cloudy.

^From Peter King FMIA ^

I saw one of the ankle injuries. Defensive player rolled him over, leg was under the d. You saw the ankle twist in a way it’s not supposed to. Not sure any QB isn’t getting injured on that play.

I thought he sprained them both on the same play or something. lol

I don’t know when the other ankle was hurt, could be. But you can definitely tell when one of them was. Wentz may be injury prone, but just saying most guys are getting hurt from what I saw.

2 words. Aaron Donald

There’s no good place to put this for discussion but Tyrod Taylor is hurt right on schedule again. I think it was part way thru week 3 when he got injured with the Browns…rookie Baker Mayfield came in…and he never got his job back. It was just prior to kickoff in week 2 when he got injured with the Chargers…rookie Justin Herbert came in…and he never got his job back. Now he’s hurt in week 2 for the Texans…rookie Davis Mills came in…and he’ll probably never get his job back. :rofl:

1 Like

Contract Notes:

When Tyrod Taylor signed that “bet on himself” contract, things looked so promising:

• Per Game Active Bonus: $29,411 ($500,000, 11 LTBE)
  • Playing Time Incentives:
    $1M each for 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% snaps
  • $1M for 60% snaps + playoff berth
  • $1M for 70% snaps + playoff berth
  • Pro Bowl: $500,000

Now, not so much.

1 Like