Tua named starter for Dolphins

I’d say that’s a bad plan then. I think you bring him along slowly. Give that hip plenty of time to heal. Especially with a veteran QB like Fitz who is playing fairly well.

My guess is that they think they have a shot to win the division and Tua gives them the best shot. But I’d still play the long game with him.

1 Like

Agree - I mentioned in the other post when they put him in the game I expected him to start playing in the games more; slow addition not as a freaking starter

1 Like

Moving to Tua is not out of necessity as Fitz was playing well. The Lions could have taken Tua and kept him on the bench to trade in the offseason for a QB hungry team as a high pick in this years draft has quite a bit more value, but it wouldn’t have helped Quinn and Patricia keep their jobs. That is the only scenario that makes any sense as he is not near the level of Stafford.

1 Like

Got it, Kelli.

It has to be accurate actually… Iggy’s speculation is always spot on and it aligns with your man crush Trent Dilfer and his unbiased , paid, opinion as his trainer and pre Draft hype man …

.Most agree Tua throws better than Rodgers and Marino … :joy:

Me saying Tua is damaged goods is a fact… I’ll wait for you to quote me on Tua not being able to play at the NFL level since what you were remembering being told and what was said are not close …
Check in with Dilfer first though for the latest unbiased update though .

Let Tua play 12 years, then compare what he has done Vs Stafford in that time -otherwise it’s silly to say “Tua is not near the level of Stafford.”

Tua hasn’t played one full season, so kind of hard to compare him to a 12 year vet QB in Stafford right now. :unamused:

Ha! He still hasn’t dropped it!

I’ll start the thread when Tua plays fine, without limitations.

This is not an answer of what was asked … What was asked was

Tua is damaged goods …Tua will literally be the first to have a long productive career IF he happens to have a long career post this type of injury .

Tua playing fine without limitations and should he do so injury free for a couple games or a season or even two , does not alter his injury sustained .
His longevity and abilities post surgery are what is in question the investment needed to acquire a Tua as far as value and long term health was …
He wont be the same, it’s impossible to be the same post this type of injury… that does not make him useless or stop him from still being very good … I never claimed it did .

So now that what you treated us to for the first six months of this year is crumbling, you’re shifting it to Tua’s longevity. Got it.

Crumbling ??? :joy: …Got it …

So according to you …I’m shifting it to longevity now ?
So according to to you …Longevity was not one of my many and main concerns for Tua from the get go ?

A few of the many posts I made in regards to Tua and his longevity … below

12/19/19

This was a response below was to you actually on 1/7/20

4/9/20

Still waiting on that quote from your first made up response …

“First made-up response?”

I didn’t directly quote you in the first thing I said.

I will concede that you talked about Tua’s longevity in your earlier pontification about how he’s ruined. But I can also quote and highlight. You made clear that you expected him to be diminished from the jump.

Tua is available.

He will play “a single snap in an NFL game.”

And he apparently showed enough in Dolphins practice “at an elite, athletic level” that the Dolphins are benching FitzMagic, who was playing rather well, for Tua.

P.S. I also enjoyed reminiscing on your takes on Joe Burrow being a one-hit wonder at LSU that you wouldn’t touch with #1 overall.

Bengals fans are glad you are not their GM.

1 Like

For how long ?

Never said he wouldn’t…

What?? According to Iggy ? …That is and was pure speculation… nobody has said Tua was practicing “at an elite, athletic level” …

Tua has not even been hit yet …

Isn’t it just as likely that Tua was handed the job…not on merit but on a need to know basis …as in they need to know what they have in Tua ? With 8 weeks left and holding 2 first round draft picks in 2021 and the Texan’s pick looking really high right now …they figure ■■■■ it, now is as good a time as any to see if Tua still has game and can be what he was and if not get ready to scout the QB’s coming out ?

Burrow is one season wonder …Has Burrow done anything to change my mind or alter what I think he is yet ? No…a dink and dunk passer struggling to hit any long pass .

Bengals fans would love me …They would have the best QB in this past Draft in Justin Herbert right now … :thinking:

Herbert has looked good, Burrow has looked good as well. Joe Burrow is 9th in Air Yards per attempt, Herbert is 14th. Burrow has been struggling to connect on the deep passes though, people are saying they don’t have a legit deep threat but Burrow is pushing the ball downfield anyways. This helps to keep the Safeties honest anyways.

“Joe is much more going to be a precision guy and pick-you-apart guy,” ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Dan Orlovsky said. “He’s going to pick people apart more than go bombs away over their heads.”
When it comes to dicing defenses at a medium range, Burrow is already among the best in the NFL. On intermediate throws (between 10 and 19 air yards), Burrow leads the NFL with 657 passing yards and a total EPA of 32.8, which ranks fifth in that category, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. To put that in perspective, the four quarterbacks who are better are some of the league’s most proficient passers this season: Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott, Josh Allen and Ryan Tannehill.
For now, working the middle of opposing defenses could be Burrow’s best bet given his current receiving options. “I don’t know if they have a long ball guy right now,” Orlovsky said of the Bengals.

I guess if you can crown Herbert the best QB in this class after a couple of games then it’s safe to claim Okudah the worst of the top CB in this draft.

Burrow is not 9th in Air yards per attempt.
He is 11th at 8.8 yards of Air per attempt of the QB’s who have attempted a minimum of at least 100 passes…Herbert is 12th at 8.7 …

EPA %:joy: … Explain the validity of mentioning this for comparison purposes .

Burrow has attempted 25 passes that traveled 20 or more air yards & completed 2 of them for an 8% completion percentage on those passes
Burrow has attempted 31 passes between 15 & 20 air yards & completed 16 of them for a 51% completion percentage , on those passes he has 2 INT and 2 TD’s

People have been saying he does not have a legit deep threat …maybe because he does not have the ARM to utilize one for the Deep Routes ran at the NFL level ? Which has been my point since Pre Draft , deep crossers are few and far between at the NFL level , the route Burrow lived on in College . The numbers through 6 games validate my concern that Burrow will struggle to throw deep at the NFL level …It’s early on but his Arm wont get better

I crowned Herbert the best QB in this Class prior to the College Football season ending and before the Draft took place … This stance by me is not new . It’s currently valid .

What does Okudah have to do with the QB’s ?

Not that it’s relevant here but I also crowned Okudah the best CB in this draft…I’ve seen nothing that tells me thus far that he is not and certainly not under the circumstances he is in here and who he has faced …

1 Like

Oh ok, so YOU crowned Herbert the best QB in this class and you’re using his few games to currently validate it…and then there’s Okudah who YOU crowned the best CB in this class but has been one of the worst CB’s playing in the NFL.

I’m just saying, you can’t try to brag about Herbert and try saying Cincy fans would have loved you because you would have taken Herbert instead of Burrow when we (you included) have no idea which QB will have the best NFL career.

If these games have proven Herbert will be a great QB, then these games also prove that Okudah will suck…it don’t work that way, sorry.

Yes …In the small sample of passes thrown (as it is all I have to go by) . He is the best Rookie QB in this class .

By what measure do you make this statement ? A PFF Coverage grade ?

Okudah has given up 3 more receptions then Henderson has , on one less target, while seeing nearly the same coverage snaps .

Okudah has allowed 0 TD’s to Hendersons 2 TD’s, they both have an INT .

They are being targeted at the same depth , 11 yards per target

QB rating when targeted is separated by 2 points (94 to 96) in favor of Henderson

What’s not been the same is one CB has been playing the #1 role the other the #2 role and who each other has had to face …(QB & WR combo) and when …not similar …

Bragging ? My response that Cincy fans would have loved me was a response in regards to being told “Bengals Fans are glad you are not their GM.” because I would not have taken Burrow #1 … I would have taken Herbert … I don’t think they would be disappointed

These games have proven nothing …I never said they did . Who said anything about Proof?
The play of each QB thus far has supported my Pre Draft evaluations. It’s early

We are 7 weeks into rookie seasons nothing is proven .

From everything I’ve seen and read, the Bengals fans are elated to have Burrow.

Burrow has the skill and intelligence to be a great NFL QB. He has been playing just fine for a rookie on a really bad NFL football team.
Herbert has the skill and intelligence to be a great NFL QB. He has a better arm than Burrow for sure. He has been playing well for a team that should have more wins than they have.
I think both teams are happy with the guys they have. However, if the Bengals don’t provide better protection for Burrow, they are going to get him injured.
I think all 3 of the first round QBs are going to be really good.

I haven’t been remotely impressed with Okudah. He will probably end up being a slot CB, which is fine, but not at the #3 pick. Maybe I am wrong. Who knows? I haven’t watched Henderson at all this year.

Oops. I forgot about Jordan Love. I think he is going to be a journeyman QB. Certainly not going to follow in the line of Favre and Rodgers.

Two weeks prep to go 12/22 for 93 yards and 1 TD :joy: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

And a win. - We ALL know that winning is the ONLY stat that matters when evaluating if a QB is good or bad. Tua has a 100% win ratio. That means he is by far the very BEST QB from this draft class. Possibly ever!

2 Likes