Tyreek to Miami

You mean trading a bunch of draft capital for a 28 year old receiver that you paid $30M!!!/yr to catch passes from a QB who doesn’t really push the ball downfield? Good luck to them I guess. So this vaults them to… bubble playoff team?

I can respect when a team goes for it but I don’t think Miami was a Tyreek Hill away from contending and now they puts all their eggs in that basket. The Chargers are a team that looks to be on the cusp. Denver as well. I just don’t know what this does for Miami outside of making their team more attractive to watch.

1 Like

It worked for the Rams. They traded all their picks for top players.

2 Likes

this helps… :sunglasses::sun_with_face:

Miami Beach GIF by ATLAST

1 Like

They know WWIII is coming so get it now?! :thinking:

2 Likes

Great, more competition for a WR with our 2nd pick.

1 Like

Copycat league. Look at the Bengals a year ago today. NOBODY was saying, “that looks like a Super Bowl caliber team”. Add Chase and bing, bang, boom. I think the immediate knee-jerk is teams overvaluing wide receivers. :thinking:

I wholeheartedly agree that Miami is chasing waterfalls here.

1 Like

There goes Christian Watson. Time to rip up my mock again…

1 Like

I’m trying to turn the heart upside down to see if I can give you an unlike…

It did, and it’s always are to argue with established fact and avoid the label of hater. But I will note that you can push all-in at poker with 7-2 off-suit and win.

1 Like

Boy, if that doesn’t metaphorically define the Lion’s current hand, I don’t know what does. Here’s to three 7s on the flop.

S#!t, set myself up for a Michael Scott GIF. Commence.

That almost describes one of my best tournament results. I was playing well on the first day, but my stack dwindled into the danger zone. As the big blind with 7-2 off-suit against an A-K raise that essentially forced me all-in, I did flop two 7s. I got on a roll and came in 3rd out of 451.

Past performance is definitely no guarantee of future results!! LOL

3 Likes

‘Flop’ being the key word here.

1 Like

The Office Reaction GIF

The Office Thats GIF

1 Like

Tua has ZERO excuses now.

I think that’s pretty much the consensus.

Yep. It keeps getting worse. I have said it in another thread. Detroit is going to have to move up to get their guy. Too many other teams also need a WR.

1 Like

But the cap is fake, why are KC and GB getting rid of two of the best WR’s in the game?

2 Likes

I mostly agree, but Adams turned down more money with the Packers, that can’t be overlooked.

That’s what’s been reported. While APY may have been more, GB never guarantees anything other than a Signing bonus for a player. Adams had $67M in guarantees from LVR (some don’t kick in until March 2023).