Uh Ohh, Doubts on Goff?

Some anonymous NFL exec doubts Goff!!
Go Get him slappies :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Les Snead should spend more time working on his team, less time talking to reporters.

4 Likes

Oh boys here it comes….wait for it

4 Likes

An anonymous NFC executive

All that needs to be said.

4 Likes

Comment from anonymous exec article
“I’m not completely sold on Jared Goff keeping up his play from this year, but if he can, there’s no reason why they can’t do some damage in the playoffs.”

I get and understand the comment and it is legitimate I wasn’t completely sold at the beginning of the year either, thought he would but wasn’t sure.

Now, I think he can, again, time will tell.
Sept can’t come quick enough especially if you are going to be trolling same topic in daily, if not multiple threads daily.

At same point, I will continue to ride with the two executives that have known Goff from day one including the internal LA story.

5 Likes

I laughed, even more than when I saw the thread and realized the intent.

1 Like

Gutekunst is getting nervous…

2 Likes

What is great about this anonymous comment by an NFL exec in an ESPN article is how different outlets utilitze it. OP has the SI story and title, then there is this one which takes same comment and presents it differently.

Yep, a long offseason. Gone from Stafford debates nonstop for 13yrs starting with china doll qb and a million more to nonstop Goff debates in 24months. More it changes more it stays the same, lol.

Love this place.

4 Likes

Lost me at “anonymous”.
Smells like bullshit. No point tasting it verify.

5 Likes

BRING HIS HEAD TO THE DEN!! AND INFORM US WHAT TO DO WITH IT!!

I always find it super interesting that when the kool-aid articles come in everyone just celebrates and clinks their glasses. But if it’s any sort of criticism then their motives are scrutinized, career resume put under a microscope, and we pool money together to sponsor a private investigation into the author and publication.

3 Likes

It’s probably Snead trying to save his job.

2 Likes

Might have something to do with me having eyes, being able to read, and having been a Lions fan since '68.
Which is to say, Goff has a clear track record that media types and their followers seem to ignore or rewrite.
I’m left asking why?

3 Likes

Wait, @Weaselpuppy is investigating the authors of these articles? No wonder PFF is giving him good options in his simulation.

3 Likes

Guarantee you it was the Vikings GM!

We’ll just make a couple more trades with 'em, before he gets fired. LOL

I stick with my “old school” method & use my own eyes to know what to trust/not trust.

2 Likes

I would say that exec nailed it. Why is this so controversial? I think it will be hard to replicate what he did again. I do think he is our starter next year so I hope he does, but I mean is that bad to have doubts whether he can keep it up? It only makes sense.

3 Likes

Did this anonymous lose you too??

I agree it does make sense, and I agree with much of it. As he, or she, says if Goff can keep it up then they will do some damage. At that point, two good years, then I think Holmes and Campbell will just say, it is what we expected and move forward while the debate continues to rage here.

I do hope that they add someone in this years draft and in FA if they don’t resign NS. While I don’t really want a high draft pick, I will go with what this front office/staff does. So far, very little to complain about.

2 Likes

LOL, that was good.

1 Like