Uncalled holding fouls fuel another primetime comeback - ProFootballTalk

Moral to the story: You can’t take a Jim Caldwell approach and stand there like statute. One need a Parcells approach where the HC is screaming at the officials about holding. I think (and hope) Dan Campbell is the latter.

6 Likes

So the refs screw the Lions again. Of course! It all makes sense now.

14 Likes

More than one way to screw a cat.:angry:

4 Likes

I’d be curious if someone went back and looked at every play hutch had so far this year how many were the arm across the neck ‘hold’ that goes uncalled.

6 Likes

I’ve seen a few in Sandman’s Slowlights.

2 Likes

I was thinking there were a lot of holds going on that weren’t being called.

5 Likes

Shoot i the Josh Allen run that put them in FG range to win the game the refs missed a blatent Facemask that should have been 15 yards

1 Like

Yea, that was a rough one last night. All the money was on the Raiders to win, hence all the no calls on the holding. The Raiders also had an INT on the final drive wiped out, plus a free 15 yarder on the unsportsmanlike call, which was complete nonsense. Yet none of the holding was called.

1 Like

I don’t like the Rams winning to screw up our pick but I have no issue with them not throwing that flag, it didn’t impeed Crosby from getting to Baker before he was throwing that ball anyways. That would have been a very ticky-tack call imo.

1 Like

always the look of a Lions fan . :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Love this little guy
LOLOLOL

4 Likes

That little guy is not impressed with what happened to our magic bean last night!! haha

2 Likes

McDaniels was yelling and screaming at the refs.

Future curmodgenon

1 Like

That comment was predicated solely upon the following from the article:

Also, the Raiders weren’t complaining nearly enough about itsame as the Saints weren’t on Monday night.

That’s really the lesson here. Whether it’s incompetence or a subconscious desire by the officials to have two-score games get and stay interesting late (or even a Tim Donaghy-type situation, which cannot be completely disregarded given the proliferation of legalized gambling — and we’re definitely not accusing any of the officials from either game of being corrupt), the team on the wrong side of uncalled holding needs to be making it known, loudly and clearly, that holding clearly is happening.

3 Likes

I detected a bit of sarcasm in this line… well written line.

2 Likes

Agreed…or maybe they are in on it!

Michael Scott Wink GIF

2 Likes

I would not be surprised if they make it so we get into the playoffs… maybe we are the new up and coming exciting team! Let’s fix the games accordingly… you know the nfl does what it wants to do

2 Likes

After Samkon Gado, the Calvin Johnson rule, the 2014 NFL playoff debacle and countless others, vs Dallas, I wouldn’t be upset. The NFL’s debt to Lions fans cannot be paid in this lifetime.

3 Likes

W O R D

2 Likes