Urban Liar to the Jags

Yeah, I think the Jaguars are about to have the best offseason.

I think landing Urban Meyer is a grand slam homerun.

I think landing Lawrence will be a franchise altering move for them for the next 2 decades.

They’ve landed a coach that has been a winner everywhere he’s gone. The only question I have is whether or not it will translate to the NFL, but I think it will. They’re landing a franchise QB that is one of the better ones to come out over the last decade. 2 great plusses for the Jags. I think they have a great cap situation as well.

Fun time to be a Jags fan.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see what Meyer’s staff looks like. I think that’s an area where previous college-only coaches have struggled.

Its now official. Damn, I am way more excited to see how that team pans out.

I wonder if he’ll go after Haskins to be his backup and then draft Lawrence?

I don’t care who we:

Draft
Sign

Who:

Coaches
GMs

I just want wins. Playoff wins. Until then, I will not give a care.

1 Like

Fields and Lawrence. Will probably try to poach Spielman as their GM, next year. Probably go after Decker too.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I wonder if he drafts Fields instead of Lawrence?

1 Like

Meant Fields and Haskins. -damn it!
seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

2 Likes

Yep - I think it will tell us a lot too. Can he fill out an NFL coaching roster?

Wish the Jags luck, they will probably need it.

Meyer’s health would scare me from hiring him. Great coach, no guarantee he’s going to be around long term. Especially if things don’t go well. They typically don’t in the NFL all the time.

1 Like

Exactly…

Her name is Tanya. My sister used to bank at the HIbernia State Bank that they robbed and I went there with her, wasn’t a very big place.

I heard that Urban was looking to hire Linehan to be his OC.

I think it’s smart of him to hire coaches with NFL experience.

1 Like

Meyer’s offense and culture is his identity. That has to come from people who have coached with him before or he will go insane trying to instill it.

He won’t. There’s misinformation about that. Urban never actually recruited Fields to OSU, Fields was all Day’s guy. Urban is on record somewhere saying Lawrence is the best college QB of all time too.

Lawrence is the #1 pick in the draft. 100%

1 Like

Dude is gonna flame out. Typical Jacksonville hire.

Maybe they make a championship game but then he will be gone. And who knows what he will leave in his wake

If a Detroit Lions coach could get the team to a championship game, they would rename streets and build statues after him.

1 Like

Is there a Fontes street somewhere? I kid…

I just think Meyer will do a not cool thing and turn them around but then leave the team in a hurry and a mess.

I am just speculating… but we’ll see how he does with being away from football for a couple years…

1 Like

He will be fine. Especially if he brings in experienced NFL coordinators like are being suggested.

1 Like