Vegas Thinks…

I talked up Hamilton a TON this year. He has all the ability to be a star.

I’d still take Walker or Thibodeaux over him at 2.

2 Likes

Hell, id take Hill, Cine or Pitre over him at 2. Future bust, book it.

1 Like

The odds on the first four are pretty close. I was kind of surprised that Willis was up there.
If our staff really wants Willis, it would probably be wise to not let on that you want him, lest someone jump you and trade with Jax. Just sayin.
I’d be OK with any of the first four. Please not Thibs.

Remember way back a month ago when the debate here was which of the two edge we were going to have as a choice after the first one was taken.

And how many(most) thought we would be stuck with Hutchinson because he was the second best edge player behind Thibodeaux.

The narrative at that time was that Hutchinson was more polished and pro ready day 1 but that Thibbs had significantly more upside…

Good times those were

2 Likes

I suspect by this time next month the narrative will flip back to what it was a month ago…back to which ever pass rusher Jax leaves for us at #2.

4 Likes

Hamilton is one of if not the top prospect in the draft. I hate a safety at 2 but he is supposed to be a generational talent. I might know of a team that needs a safety :man_shrugging: Watch the Jags throw everyone a curve-ball and take him #1. Nothing is out of the question when it comes to the Jaguars.

I still think Thibodeaux ends up a more productive pro than Hutchinson.

4 Likes

I don’t think either of them are going to be all-pro guys IMO. I see Hutch as an over drafted 6-8 sack- high motor guy. I think Thibodeaux is going to be a bust.

2 Likes

I don’t like the pick at 2. This class is too deep at safety talent. I think we can get someone just as good at 32 or 34.

4 Likes

This class is deep at Safety. Very deep. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me to use 2OA on a Safety when you can grab any of the other highly rated guys significantly lower at a bargain basement price. Any of these other guys could become better pros than Hamilton. The position is stacked this year.

Daxton Hill
Jalen Pitre
Jaquan Brisker
Lewis Cine
Kerby Joseph
Bryan Cook

5 Likes

Whatever about being better than Hamilton you would think that all those guys especially the top 4 are guys who have the potential to be day one starters for us and play a lot of snaps over the course of their rookie deal. Pitre and Hill are very intriguing players, Pitre for his versatility and Hill for his speed while someone like Brisker would be a nice compliment to Walker and be sound very early in his career you would think.

I think Hamilton looks a stud but I think the opportunity cost of taking him at 2OA is too high given that the better edge and interior guys will be gone by 32.

2 Likes

Exactly

I find it interesting that both Daniel Jeremiah and Pete Prisco have the Lions taking Travon Walker at #2 now.

2 Likes

It feels like if Hutch is gone, Walker may be the better fit
If they don’t like any of the DEs, Hamilton is possible but I think that’s unlikely
They have to like one of the DEs!

1 Like

They better be confident that Walker can translate his game from 33% of college snaps to an NFL regimen, or else that could be a pick that eventually leads to Holmes losing the job.

I view Walker as big of a risk as Malik Willis. The kid is a beast but playing that few snaps is something that makes me have to be 100% sure he can handle the workload at the next level.

Plus, if they take Walker and Thibodeaux ends up living up to his potential and outplays him? The board will erupt :joy:

1 Like

Playing balls out 1 out of 3 snaps with other great players next to you while playing on the #1 team in college is different enough from NFL speed and size and stamina that I would have concerns with Walker at 2.

Thibs-Willis-Trade Down is likely the Lions draft boardfor 2OA, not necessarily in that order

1 Like

@GreggyJ

Here are the d-line snap counts from the national title game against Alabama…. and he also played 66% of the snaps against Michigan in the semifinal game.

2 Likes

I do not Hamilton at pick #2, for rhe record.
Pick any DE or even Jordan Davis.

1 Like

Thibs should be the pick, there was a reason scouts were drooling over him coming into the year. Now all the sudden he isn’t as good but actually had a very similar year as 2019 and 2020. Walker played with like 7 other NFL players on that Georgia defense and wasn’t as productive as Thibodeaux, who also had a bummed ankle for the beginning of the year.

1 Like

I think it could be a possibility, I’m mean we signed Harris got Romeo back and there looking at Key now. But u don’t see or hear them talking to safetys , other than walker there’s no one.