Vendor who sold concessions at Seattle XFL game tests positive for coronavirus

It is false and partisan to have an opinion that is backed up by facts. Got it. Funny thing is, I am apparently somehow partisan even though I haven’t stated what party I am on, or said anything counter to another party. If a Republican disagrees with the Republican party, does that now mean he is a partisan Democrats? Vice versa? Are moderates just people who can’t make up their damn minds?

So I don’t get accused of being partisan, I will go ahead and say this. If they are politicians, they are lying. Anyone who thinks politicians are 100% truthful about anything, deserves whats coming to them.

The experts don’t agree. Anybody making statements about the president lying is a liar. The president might give a set of facts someone else wrote for him. In fact, I bet someone else wrote them. Then, someone who disagrees makes a statement and the president is a liar. To believe that you would be either ignorant or purposely complicit in a lie, making you either partisan or a liar. That is why these discussions have been banned. I say I believe the Chinese. They say we made the virus and that it was engineered by the democrats to get rid of deplorables. I am not lying, I stated what I believe. You will call me a liar or crazy, that’s what these discussions do. That’s why they are banned. I flagged my own post to encourage the mods to get rid of this. I was not addressing you if it matters, but if you made any of the claims I listed, then you participated.

Your own words:
Anybody making statements about the president lying is a liar.
The President might give a set of facts someone else wrote for him.
To believe that, you would be either ignorant or purposely complicit in a lie, making you partisan or a liar.

So, if the President ignorantly or knowingly repeats facts from someone else, he is a partisan liar. However, if I disagree with the President lying, I am also a liar.

This is why you cannot have legitimate discussions with people today. Everyone wants to broad brush and label opinions as certainly falling one way or the other. The idea that hey, Im a card carrying Republican who thinks the President can be a dick, and still be a good President, well that’s just blasphemy. Or someone who is a Republican who says “This Democrat may not be wrong on this”, again, blasphemy.

House was right. Everybody lies. (Especially politicians)

Which is why this discussion doesn’t belong here.

Y’all need to pan out a bit.

We’re sitting on an economical timebomb. Yes, the president paints a rosy picture. Yes, his own experts seem to contradict him. This isn’t “lying”, this is him trying to be reassuring in the midst of growing fear. If he wanted to outright lie, he wouldn’t stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the experts. That little do-si-do has played out a couple times. 1. Regarding the likelihood of others becoming infected and 2. regarding how soon a vaccine could be distributed. He’s trying to prevent mass hysteria in saying pharma can have a vaccine in a couple months, while the CDC reminds everyone that it’ll take over a year to be tested and made available. Both are true. One is intended to settle, one is intended to inform.

If you want to know more on the subject, go read. The internet is at your fingertips. But in a world where only soundbites are consumed by the masses, the President is doing his best to give them something they won’t choke on.

Really, the handling of this whole situation so far is above criticism, IMO. That he keeps a guy in the room that on the surface seems to contradict him should tell you something. If you’ve got a negative opinion on how it’s been handled, it’s likely influenced by your source for the news more than the events in question.

XFL fever…catch it!

2 Likes

So this is our political outlet then. We can discuss it at will right here even though the mods said not to have political conversations. That is my point. These arguments will offend both sides. It offends me when the people said the president lied. That is either a lie or a partisan lie. There is no other way to parse it out. The president may say something he believes his advisors have told him is true or even have his own opinion. But calling him a liar is saying he has chosen to not tell the truth. Like I said, the experts do not agree so you are likely to find someone even on his staff who disagrees. You have called him a liar. Make up anything else you want to say, because what you say is not true. One statement is all it takes.
I happen to not like the president’s presentation style. Never have. But the media is certainly not telling you the truth and the more combative the president becomes the more the media covers him, so I ignore his style because he gets his message across. If the media covered the news instead of putting a democrat spin on everything, things might be different. I can shout all day about how ignorant the people who listen to the driveby media are, but they are not lying because they believe what they have been told, but they are when they state things which have been proven wrong unequivocally, they are lying. Nothing the president said has been proven untrue and that he willfully deceived us by lying is even further away.
You want a lie. “I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.” That was a lie.

That’s just wrong.

I try, I try

Ok, to the OTT this goes.