Very real possibility of Trevor Lawrence

I’ve always been sympathetic b/c of what he went through with his wife and how he dealt with it. I root for people that handle that sort of thing with grace and move forward successfully. Not while they’re playing the Lions of course. Decency he dammed in this situations.

Feel the same way about Chris Spielman. Really impressed with him as a widower. Seems like an awesome doting dad.

Sorry to make this about death. Packers games do that to me.

I kinda sometimes wonder if we are tanking for Lawrence? I wonder if that has been in the big plans. What the hell is up with this season thus far…I am so upset. Makes you wonder.

Landing TLAW is the single best thing an NFL franchise can do this season aside from winning the Superbowl.

Houston is going to annihilate the Lions. They have played the 2 best teams in the NFL so far.

That IS our Super Bowl

I think Kyle Trask has a shot to rise into the first round. Gonna be a helluva QB class depending on who declares

Nah, we’ll be in the birdseat before the last game of the year against the Vikes with pick 2, 3, or 4 going into it, but Minny will also be competing with us for a shit record and a new QB, so THEY’LL sit as many starters and go as vanilla as possible, but we’ll roll out our starters all game and put up a 50 burger with “best performance of the year”…we’ll even see some razzle dazzle Prater fake kicks for TD’s, we’ll pull out all the stops mister!!!..but then we’ll drop to pick 7-8, and lose out on the QB’s and take a WR, and Minny will snag one of those QB’s that will go on to bust our balls for years to come, womp womp, sol.

1 Like

Lawrence would be a dream scenario- no doubt. But Matthew Stafford and the weapons at his disposal are just too rich to fall any lower than 5-11, which won’t get it done for Lawrence. I don’t care how bad the defense is (and it’s really bad), Stafford is just too talented for us to realistically end up with #1OA. Now if Matt were injured, well, that’s another story. Incredible we’re right back to square one. Again. And with such an odd collection of players on D, it’s going to be a 3- year rebuild, minimum. Sigh.

If we could get Trevor and Dabo…

You do know Dabo makes over 9 million a year and has it made at Clemson. The Lions would need to offer him 20 million a year to come here. I suspect they are paying Patricia about 5 million a year.
What would you choose? A top 3 annual program. Great recruiting classes, a bye into the college football playoff by playing in the ACC. A school that might match up to a certain amount
Or
The Ford Family Football team?

I don’t think the evangelical style will work super well in a pro locker room. He’s perfect where he’s currently at.

1 Like

The Jets are telling all the other teams not to count their chickens before they hatch. They are eyeing Lawrence too.

The just took sam Arnold lol

They would have no problem cutting bait with Sam Darnold for Trevor Lawrence. This is his 3rd year already.

Falcons are making a strong bid to get him.
The Broncos and Jags could also be in the running.

There goes Trevor Lawrence. Damn we can’t do anything right

Jets and Giants with the inside track for the #1 spot but the Broncos and Falcons are coming on strong.