Viking interviewing Jim Harbaugh

Harbaugh thinks he’s bigger than the program? When did he show that? When he agreed to halve his salary? When he donated all his bonus money back to the athletic program to pay the salaries of workers forced to take pay cuts? When negotiating a new contract making sure his assistants have a larger salary pool? Making sure his players have better access to NIL benefits? Spending the past week hammering the recruiting trail? All the guy is doing is saying he will listen to any offers an NFL team may have and people are acting like he’s out of line for it. At least he’s being upfront and honest to the school, his players and recruits about it. That’s a hell of a lot more than some of these coaches are doing when their players find out from ESPN their coach is entertaining other jobs.

1 Like

I’d have to imagine our chances of landing Josh Conerly Jr. have taken a major hit.

Thanks JimBob.

Ya Douchebag.

Who’s got it better than us? (Gay song by the way). Apparently the Vikings.

McDonald was always going back to the nfl that was known when he came to UM that it would be a 2-3 year stint before heading back.

And he was good, no doubt about it, but D Brown was bad really bad.

Conerly been gone for a while know per the various sites.

That is the whole fuss. Harbaugh is fighting with Michigan’s administration. He wants them to lower their standards academically and they refuse to do it. Its why he knows he can’t out-recruit the Bamas and the Georgias of the NCAA.

1 Like

I guess the new Vikes GM was in SF when Harbaugh was there. He was just in the research department but I’d imagine there is a personal relationship to some extent.

1 Like

There is no question Don Brown was bad. He never adapted to anything. Harbaugh’s loyalty to him is a big part of the reputation he has right now. It was a bad hire.

I just think Mike Macdonald is a really good football coach. He’ll be a HC at some level real soon. The NFL was always going to come knocking. I just hoped in an offseason where Jim is entertaining NFL gigs that he’d stick around. Who knows though. If Jim leaves Macdonald can still get a call. Hopefully he doesn’t unpack for a while.

He won’t be trying the “fake tough guy/asshole handshake” with out coach now. LOL. Campbell would eat his GD lunch

1 Like

e-i-e-i owe you nothing MF’r. Off to another team

He was able to get Stanford to lower their standards.

2 Likes

I have to wonder if MacDonald left because Jim knew he was looking to leave… and gave John a call to let him know that offering McDonald the job wouldn’t upset him.

Or… maybe they had a deal from the start… that id McDonald did well for UofM… that John could come back and hire him away at any time with no hard feelings. The whole deal may have been an audition for MacDonald.

Heck… the 3 of them could have all been discussing the possibilities together a year ago when things didn’t look so good for Jim.

True…but Michigan won’t budge and from what I’ve heard if they don’t budge on their NIL and transfer portal Harbaugh will leave. But that’s only what I’ve “heard”…

It sounds to me like if Harbaugh truly loves Michigan, he needs to leave Michigan. I only half joke when I say that. But sometimes the best thing you can do for a company and the people who still work there is leave for a particular set of reasons. Then they are forced to look inward and analyze those reasons, rather then being able to blindly ignore them.

What is the transfer portal thing that’s being brought up? What specifically is UM not on board with?

Transfers lose a significant number of credits. Patterson lost, I believe, almost every credit he earned at Ole Miss. He was taking online courses last year trying to finish his degree. It’s why Michigan doesn’t get a lot of transfers.

How many football players really care about graduating? I mean the good ones that will make the NFL. I’m assuming that’s not much of a factor.

How many players on a college roster make the NFL?

1 Like

After the flores thing yesterday do the vikings have the balls to give harbaugh the job over a qualified black coach who interviewed for 9 hrs yesterday? And the optics will the nfl step in before that happens?

32 posts were split to a new topic: Harbaugh on the move?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Harbaugh on the move?