Vikings fans are livid with that trade…

HAHAHA

“Brad Holmes is a thief, a menace, and a swindler. He’s robbed the Vikings blind with this trade to move back up to the 12th-overall pick.”

2 Likes

Most were talking moving off 2, since there was very little interest to move up to that spot in the first place.

When folks were talking the Lions moving back up into the first using 32 & 34, they were looking at chart.

Both those picks to get back to around 13 per the chart. So doing that deal at 12, discount, but not a bad one. Including 66 for 46 is where it got weird it seems.

2 Likes

This can’t be real, can it? I didn’t hear him say that in the post-draft presser:

20 Likes

Wow if that’s true damn!

1 Like

Well for the record I wasn’t one of those guys….I don’t suggest trading down unless you fleece a team like the Lions did the Browns back in 2004. But I sure as hell am laughing at Vikings fans for being so upset & the Packers too. The division rivals fan bases mock Detroit Lions fans every friggin year. Lions fans should enjoy every moment of this. Those fans of the division rivals are now AFRAID…afraid that the Lions might actually have a shrewd and competent GM and front office now because he was able to pull off a deal like this…to a division rival no less. Enjoy Lions fans…enjoy every second of it!

Lololol! I have to think some bitter Vikings fan whipped that up in photoshop.

6 Likes

3 Likes

:100:

I could seen the Lions send 32 & 34 for 12 and maybe a later pick flipped back to Lions…

but this was a landslide point win for Lions.

4 Likes

i agree star wars GIF by Red Giant
Holmes after he hangs up the phone last night

5 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a Terry Tate sighting

1 Like

It gets better with the more widely produced charts. More like a top 10 pick in the 3rd round. Either way we got great value in the trade. Whether it was worth it or not will be based on what we end up with and what they end up with and how those players all produce or not. We may have walked away with the best defensive and offensive player in the draft last night. So that’s pretty good. We’ve gone from a bunch of midgets to three guys in Chark, Reynolds and Williams that are 6’4, 6’3 and 6’2 respectively. Add in Hock at 6’5 and we’ve got some serious redzone weapons now. We just need JG to get his balls big and cut it loose to them.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1519887857703337990?t=4fikxMUEe60NnGWGkuXNfw&s=19

How do you embed a tweet? Qwesi said they were considering Williams at 12 and now they have to face him twice a year!

NFL news 

@MLFOOTBALL2

· 17m

The #Vikings being the team to draft Malik Willis moved from +5000 to to +340

1 Like

Value-wise the Lions swapped 32, 34 & 66 for 12, 46 & 95, due to the point differential the Lions gained: 347 (12) + 128 (46) = 475 versus 184 (32) + 175 (34) + 76 (66) = 435, so the Lions gained 40 points (equal to pick 95).

Makes it even sweeter!!

1 Like

The Lions did fleece them. 32 became 12, 66 became 46. We gave up 34 to move up 20 spots in the first round and from the 3rd into the 2nd round.

4 Likes

I’d be livid if I was a Vikings fan too. Beyond the poor value for the trade on their end, they helped a division rival get one of the most talented receivers in the draft. You don’t help someone who you have to play twice a year land a player who could terrorize your secondary for years to come. You just… don’t do that.

2 Likes

Call it a learning experience for a rookie GM!

1 Like

Jim Souhan @SOUHANSTRIB

On the night that their new front office would make its first draft pick, the Minnesota Vikings sold, at their party at U.S. Bank Stadium, a Laquon Treadwell bathrobe.

It is convenient when the setup to a joke contains the punchline. Saves time.

Obviously haunted by a discount bathrobe once allegedly worn by an alleged first-round draft pick, the Vikings on Thursday traded away the 12th pick in the draft for the chance to take more players whose leisure wear may be discounted in the near future.

They swapped the 12th and 46th picks in the 2022 draft to the Detroit Lions for three draft picks.

New Vikings General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah calls his work a "competitive rebuild.’’

This move might not justify either word.

The Vikings obviously didn’t highly value the players they could have gotten at No. 12. Maybe they were fixated on LSU cornerback Derek Stingley Jr, a surprise pick by the Texans at No. 3. Stingley was the most popular pick for the Vikings in many mock drafts.

The rather lengthy, but good, article continues here:

Another thing that makes it sweeter is that the Packers didn’t make a trade up for a top WR…

and the info about that possibility was just discussed by Stacy Dales on NFL Network.
She stated that Goudacunts looked at moving up… but when the run on WRs got going “the asking price went way up” and he didn’t want give up too much.

So the Lions got a good deal on the points chart…
but the Packers apparently were asked for more than chart value…. :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

It’s even better when you look at how poor the Vikings secondary has been. You just allowed us to gain a strength that goes opposite your weakness.

4 Likes