Vikings OL coach quits

My response:

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

1 Like

Bring back Bridgewater!

He didn’t quit, he was let go.

Sorry–all links I saw said he left the team and wasn’t forced out. I’ll fix it if I see otherwise.

Rick Steven Dennison is an American football coach and former player who was the offensive line coach and run game coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League. He was fired on July 23, 2021 after his refusal to take a COVID-19 vaccine. Wikipedia

I respect his decision. Get the vax, or don’t get the vax, but it has to be a personal and family decision. It really shouldn’t be anyone else’s business what someone and their family decides to do.

Forcing players, coaches and employees to conform or else is not the answer and is extremely dangerous for society.

8 Likes

Schools require kids to get vaccinated so I don’t see the big deal. NFL said they weren’t playing around so I guess there will be a few more let go.

Not in every state…

1 Like

Well every school I’ve been associated with has. And a local college is requiring all nursing students be vaccinated or kicked from the program. Hell our states police academy is bringing back masks and asking for recruits to be vaccinated. To each his own but I’d be damned if I was a career coach and wouldn’t get a shot to keep myself working in the nfl.

So you respect the decision of an individual, but not the decision of a business?

1 Like

And the CDC has even said the vaccines are not approved for children under 12, that is alarming to me. Again, I’m not sure what the answer is, but I have serious questions that are yet to be answered, just like the Lions secondary, lol

How many schools have you been associated with? How many states have you lived in as a working adult?

There are 44 states and Washington D.C. that grant religious exemptions for people who have religious objections to immunizations. Currently, 15 states allow philosophical exemptions for children whose parents object to immunizations because of personal, moral or other beliefs.

2 Likes

Businesses care about making money, not people’s health.

This will be locked soon, ha ha

1 Like

Exactly, but it’s still their decision.

1 Like

Isn’t that precisely the definition of discrimination though?

Deleted

It’s not discrimination by any definition, it’s prerogative.

In your opinion that is. I do appreciate the mature conversation without the insults that most of the vax conversations end up being online.

Not really text book definition. No it isn’t. Imo

Through the lens of an owner who pays an athlete millions to be available or cause significant disruption to the team

It makes perfect sense

And we can ask Colin if the NFL would ever trample on freedoms in the name of keeping it hustling ….

For each prediction of this being bad for nfl

I judt want to know whst you think it’ll cost thr nfl owners who pushed the policy through ?

Loss of star players to retirement ? Lawsuits ? Reversal of policy ? Scrutiny on other player behavior policies ?
Loss of sponsors and majority of fans ?

Again I’m not saying if it’s right or wrong
Just thinking about the ramifications of this policy.

And idea of competitive advantage in having a vaccinated team ….

For an owner who really wants to win for their city and fans. …

Actually not my opinion, a federal judges opinion.