Vikings win

:rofl:

1 Like

No, 3-1-1 is better than 4-2.

I just take it as the Vikings are clearly one of the league’s best teams when they get good QB play. The question remains how consistently will they get good QB play.

1 Like

Guys are correct on the standings. Its the team with the least amount of losses, not the most wins. 8-7-1 is better than 9-7

Cousins has been good the last two games, after Minnesota opened up thier play book

No, that scenario isn’t true.
A win is worth more than a tie

9-7 is better than 8-7-1 isn’t it?

Did you mean to say 8-7-1 is better than 8-8?

Winning percentages are simple, even with ties…

.000 for a loss
1.000 for a win
.500 for a tie

Add and divide by as many games.

We knew this already about how tough the division is. The Lions will have to really earn the division title.

The Lions are improved but I think an argument can be made that they are the 4th best team in the division.

Thats correct, got ahead of myself, oopsie

That is a common mistake made by most fans. In truth it is always win percentage that determines rankings. It is just easy to see when it is straight wins and losses. Just like now the LIons have an overall win percentage of 62.5% while the packers are at 80% and the Vikings are at 66.7%. So up to tomorrow night the current rankings are

1 Packers (80%)
2 Vikings (66,7%)
3 Lions (62.5%)
4 Bears (60 %)

If the Packers lose their win percentage drops to 66.7% and the Lions would move up to 70%. If the Packers win then they would move up to 83.3% while the Lions would drop to 50%

Nailed it BN

There is a good chance that only one North team makes the playoffs. I think 2 of the teams will finish under .500 and 10 games will take the division. If the Lions lose to the Pack, they will be 3 back in the win column with only 1 game in hand, so this game is super important.
In non divisional games
The Bears have Saints, Chargers, Eagles, Rams, Giants, Cowboys, and Chiefs.
The Vikes have Skins, Chiefs, Cowboys, Broncos, Seahawks, and Chargers.
The Pack have Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Panthers, Niners, Giants, and Skins
Lions have Giants, Raiders, Cowboys, Skins, Bucs, and Broncos
The edge goes to the Lions, but the divisional games will decide the division champ.
I just don’t see 2 ten team winners with those schedules.
The NFC West is going to be the tough division to win. Almost certainly 2 teams make the playoffs out of that division. The Niners and Hawks are legit SB contenders.

Man, in watching that game, I was starting to feel for Jets fans…Those refs…WOW!

2 Likes

It really is irrelevant at this point because each team will play the same amount of games at the end of the season. It would only matter if the Lions had 2 ties.

Anyone else feel like we will match up well against Minny?

1 Like

Did you watch the games last year?
The Lions probably match up worse against the Vikings than any team in the NFL. They are going to be tough games to win.
I think the Lions match up much better against Green Bay and Chicago than Minny.
Last year the Lions outplayed GB in both games. Chicago crushed the Lions at Soldier Field, but the Lions were driving to take the lead on Thanksgiving when Stafford threw a pick 6 and then another interception in the endzone to end the Lions chance to win. The Lions could have won that game against the Bears if not for that critical mistake.
The Vikings dominated both games against Detroit and it wasn’t even close last year. The Lions offense could only manage 6 FGs against the Vikings last year.
I think they can win 3 out of 4 against Chi and GB, but they are going to have to find some way to split with the Vikings if they want to win the division.

I think we match up well against minny THIS year. We can get stingy on the run when we are back to full strength and our DB’s have been solid all year. If we can keep cook from shredding us I don’t think Cousins can beat us.

The Vikings defense is no joke. They have an outstanding secondary, almost as good as Chicago’s.
And Cousins made a lot of nice throws today.
I hope you are right but I think they are going to be very tough to beat.

I don’t think it’s a cake walk by any means but I think our matchups are good against GB and Minny this year but Chicago scares me