Vincent Jackson DEAD

Found dead in hotel room at 38

Just terrible, hug your wife and kids, you never know.

Shocking to hear. Very weird situation, living in a hotel for over a month after having a missing persons report out on him.

RIP Vincent Jackson.

1 Like

Sad … Rest In Peace Vincent.

RIP bro

Wow sad news.

Way too young. Very sad indeed.

Very odd circumstances but unfortunate none-the-less.
It will be interesting to hear what happened.

RIP Vincent

1 Like

Sending love to all of you guys…
And to his family.

3 Likes

Made 71m. Has a thriving business. Non profit devoted to military family. Community icon. Honorary Sheriff’s deputy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Living in a hotel room for a month. Family has to put out a missing person’s request. Police find him next day, the 12th, and clear him.

Dead 3 days later. No trauma/attack indicated. No obvious cause of death, which means no drug/paraphernalia, suicide by autoerotic hanging (Looking at you, ghost of David Carradine) or other obvious sort etc.

You find out why he was living in a hotel for a month when he should have 7 to 8 figures in thr bank with a good business…and you’ll probably very shortly understand why he is gone.

Cops will interview the maids to see how often they were in, saw him, what they noticed…manager too etx, anyone came and went. That is where the clues start.

2 Likes

His family called to report him missing on Feb. 10.That means he saw super bowl.Is it partying after super bowl.I wanted jackson instead of mike williams that year

There is absolutely a story behind the story. And I think they know more about how he died than they are saying. I mean I don’t believe he just stopped breathing or had a heart attack in his 30s… while living in a mid tier hotel instead of his mansion

But in any event RIP and prayers to his family

None of this matters to a mentally ill person. Family, friends, fame, wealth, power…

…they hold zero value to someone that is suicidal and/or severely depressed.

As someone who has been diagnosed with Major Depressive disorder and Suicidal Tendencies, I can speak from personal life experiences.

It can be a sunny, Tuesday afternoon at the park with your family…and without any trigger, you can become completely overwhelmed with emotion and start having thoughts of hurting yourself.

It is very real.

The toughest of men can fall victim to these illnesses.

Junior Seau was the toughest of men…

Robin Williams, money, fame, family…it all didn’t matter.

This quote by David Foster Wallace is a revelation into the mind of a suicidal person:

“The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.”

And thanks to @BigNatty for sending the love…it was received.

7 Likes

Most welcome, my bro. So appreciative of your vulnerable share. The more we know each other’s true self, the closer we become (the more we love each other). You sharing from a real space allows me to get to know you - the real you - and closer than any “cool mask” ever would.

Thank you for that, man. :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks for a glimpse behind the avatar and your contribution to the conversation.

I can’t help but wonder how CTE and/or opioids play a part in this. Any time stuff like this comes up I’m reminded how differently we all react to the same things, Benadryl being an obvious example as some become drowsy while others become hyper. Many of us can be induced into a state of depression or hopelessness as a result of even over the counter meds.

We’ll see where this story leads. A son of 2 military parents, a long career, active in the military community, recently (2016) received a degree in business management… Tragic. The ability to play as long as he did without any Titus Young or AB type behavior makes me suspect medication even more.

2 Likes

Thanks Cynodon, that was powerful.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your story.

I get that our instinct as people (especially online) is to immediately speculate, but maybe it’s more appropriate to wait and keep his family in our thoughts.

1 Like

“The toughest of men can fall victim to these illnesses” - Amen brother, so true. And many tough men don’t seek help due to the fear and stigma of being judged by others, it’s really sad.

Life isn’t easy, everyone has their own personal challenges and even demons to deal with. If all humans tried to be a little more empathetic and understanding of what each other are going through and stop judging each other constantly, it would be a much better place to live.

Thanks for sharing Cynodon.

1 Like

I appreciate the reply’s and kind words. It was not my intention to divert this thread away from Vincent Jackson and his family. Nate is right, it is not appropriate to speculate until all the details have been released.

It is a tragic event for everyone involved.

Good stuff buddy. Been down a lot of that same road.

My only piece of speculation is that if the cops cleared him on 2/12, then he may have been hiding it well, they didn’t do a great job, or some combination of both. There is the alternative that it wasn’t related to a mood disorder situation.

Can’t tell yet.

2 Likes