Virus talk

Thanks Air for your patience with us and me!

I’ll start it up with this article on Japan…

Why do I think they wouldn’t and eventually didn’t get hit hard by the virus? Living there for almost ten years, I can’t believe how healthy they are … eating habits as well as life styles… they older folks are healthiest I know from all my world travels to 17 different countries… they work out in the field well into thier 80’s … Benifits from all this?!

They have the healthiest mmune systems and nation of humans can have…

I mentioned this long ago with this virus deal that if I could go anywhere in the world to be as safe as possible - it would be Misawa City Japan

And the government never forced actions… they suggested them…

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-avoided-lockdown-telling-everyone-113600195.html

2 Likes

I think a lot of it has to do with respect. The japanese seem to ooze it in everything they do, like this from the article:

The three Cs approach, which Japan took instead of enforcing shutdowns or social distancing orders, involves avoiding closed spaces with poor ventilation, crowded places with groups of people nearby, and close-contact settings, like one-on-one conversations in close range.

and that you can trust them to actually do it. look how many are wearing masks, I’d bet a HUGE percentage do, out of respect of others. they don’t scream that it infringes on their freedoms in getting a hair cut or other entitled crap that happens in the USA.

The japanese seem to be ‘we-first’, the USA is ‘me-first’.

The difference for me is simple when comparing US, state and local gov to Japans.

They ask and people are, even me, more likely to comply when all sides are respected.

When you, as too many in the US are doing, try to force it…, you will always have resentment and such…

Have a decent idea fails if you go about doing it incorrectly…

Ask Uzzi when the ark fall after the ol stumbled and died. David has the ok from God to move the ark; David was in too much of a hurry and did it wrong - and an unneeded death occurred imho…

When I retired in 2010, from Japan, I almost stayed there to live. Part of me, and that part is selfish, thinks I probably should have …

Each person there doesn’t really mess with others. They don’t like what you are doing… the keep going… vs stopping and whining about it or trying to shame you into thier idea of compliance

But that is me