Wait…we traded away our 3rd rounder?!?

What the heck?!? Never saw this reported during the trade. We had to give up our 3rd to Arizona? Now, that trade looks not quite as good as I originally thought and it probably would be something I would not do now.

1 Like

We gave 6 and 81 for 12, 34, and 168.

Look at it like this, if Gibbs was their top guy at 6OA, then by dropping 6 spots they lowered the cap hit, moved up 47 spots from 81 to 34, and got an additional 5th round pick. Just let it marinate for a bit.

13 Likes

I agree the 34 pick has way way more value than 81

4 Likes

ESPN never reported that 81 was involved, so the whole time I thought we fleeced the Cardinals. Come to find out, it was a pretty even trade. I would have take Carter at 6 and Gibbs or Campbell at 18. Still have two 2nd rounders to play with. Heck, trade a second rounder and 81 and move into the first and get someone.

Someone correct me if i’m wrong, but we have 3 second rounders right!?

4 Likes

Some might argue that we have 5 2nd rounders.

5 Likes

So 4 then? haha ur killing me

1 Like

Yes we have 3 2nd round picks.

4 Likes

Don’t be shocked if HOU offers #65, #73, and #104 for DET #34. HOU doesn’t have a 2nd Rounder, and DET doesn’t have a 3rd or 4th Rounder. This trade fills each team’s holes…Could happen and/or some variation. Seems like least painful for the Lions. They recoup the mid 3rd Rounder they surrendered to ARI and the 4th Rounder the Lions gave to MIN. DET, actually comes out ahead with the addition of 1 3rd Rounder and 1 4th Rounder they didn’t have before Thurs. (Source: Hill Draft Chart)

Bradley MF’n Holmes, Ya’ll

He said that was his top player on the board too. Watch his interview…this is EXACTLY how he was looking at it.

2 Likes

Reminder. Last time the Lions had three 2nd round picks we drafted

Drew Stanton
Alama Francis
Gerald Alexander

5 Likes

Thanks for that. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That is just ugly.

2 Likes

So, part of this trade was getting INTO the 2nd from the 3rd.
Part of the Hockenson trade was getting INTO the 2nd from the 5th.

Obviously this front office has seen some value in this year’s 2nd-round class.

1 Like

And then, years later, Stanton completed his journey as a Lion when he returned as a member of the Cardinals and dropped the domino that began messing up their once-promising season.

I wouldnt be surprised if they take either pick 48 or 55 and package one of their 5th rd picks and trade back for some 3rd/4th rd picks…Brad’s got the ammo to move around if he wants to.

Yes.

If they truly wanted Gibbs over any of the guys that went before him then we basically traded 81 for 34 for free plus got pick 168 for free from their perspective.

People might have wanted somebody that went before Gibbs but if Gibbs was THE GUY that they wanted in the Top 12 then it was a very good trade vs. just taking Gibbs at 6

1 Like

Does anyone know the cap hit difference between 6 and 12. That may have been enough to justify an RB relative to the RB market.

Suspend this account immediately.

1 Like

How do I downvote this? :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: