Washington Commanders Cap Situation

This is straw man at it’s finest. My original point was that I think Chark was signed to be a bridge WR while they drafted a blue chip long term starter. The draft in April was widely regarded as being loaded with WR talent. Chark is your veteran presence ready to immediately contribute while giving them the flexibility to draft the long term starter in a loaded draft. Especially with multiple top 35 picks. I even made sure I put a disclaimer in my original post for people who love to find things to nitpick: “they may not have known who the specific person would be, but I feel it’s likely they knew they’d draft a blue chip WR.”

Now you’re moving the goal posts talking about whether Holmes knew he was going to trade up in March. That was never a part of my post either directly or indirectly.

My original point stands, and it even sounds like you agree with it. But that’s my point - there are a few posters in here that love to find things to argue about. Like, anything at all. Even when they agree, they find some semantics aspect they can combat. It’s what makes this board exhausting at times

I don’t believe he did either. Nor did anyone say he did.

1 Like

Carrie Brownstein Television GIF

1 Like

About Washington…

Me saying they knew they’d draft a blue chip WR in a draft widely recognized as brimming with WR talent somehow equates to me inferring they knew they were going to trade up for a WR? What in the world?

You’re going to get added to the Lions IR list trying to reach that hard. Just do yourself a favor and move on brother.

So… they were gonna plan to land a “blue chip” WR… after all the top WRs started getting $20 million per year in the SAME offseason… just by hanging out at pick 32???

Believe it or not, wide receivers are found in more places than just the top 15 in the draft brother. Especially a draft loaded at that position. I’m not even saying waiting until later, like Holmes did with St Brown.

It seems you’re now trying to Cherry pick “blue chip” to try and find a semantic way to save face. Just move on brother. There are plenty of threads for you to argue with people over where you can still save face.

There is a huge talent gap between the top 5 guys drafted in this draft… to the next tier down… so when ya say “blue chip”… it infers that the Lions were planning to get one of London, Jamo, Wilson, Olave, or Dotson. Anything other than those dudes was not a “blue chip” prospect…. and definitely wasn’t gonna be around at #32.

If you want to go for the “solid” prospect… then #32 might work…
but saying a “blue chip” WR is the target at #32 is a fantasy.

This isn’t “semantics”… that is exactly how the draft played out as multiple teams traded up to get those guys… and then no WRs went for quite a while. I guess I just agree with the NFL teams that actually made the picks and showed us who the “blue chip” prospects were considered to be.

Has Chark even played? , I don’t notice him much at all.