Watch "#10 Clemson DL Bryan Bresee | 2022 ACC Football Top 25 Players" on YouTube

3 Likes

I was looking at the internet draft lists, and this guy felt like he was consistently rated low. My early picks have us taking this guy around the 8-10 spot.

1 Like

The guy has had a rough year, lost his sister then injury, this was a season he was supposed to break out. Hasn’t really happened for him. Watching him he looks kinda stiff. I like the LB Simpson better from Clemson.

1 Like

How is his pass rushing from the interior? I didn’t see much hand usage or technique. If drafted, where would he play? NT or 3T?

2 Likes

His draft status is base on projection. He hasn’t been that good at rushing the passer. But he’s had some issues also.

1 Like

I’m so proud that you tagged this correctly.

3 Likes

It definitely needs some work, but you can see the quickness and explosion pretty easily when he was healthy. He beat a lot of linemen without having to use technique at all, he was so explosive going by them. That won’t work in the pros, but it’s something to work with. His motor runs hot and he’s a renowned worker, so I expect he’ll get it figured out. As @Tcmouse said this was supposed to be the year for him but some extraneous stuff has kept it from happening.

Now he’s not bendy at all, you see that on the reps where they play him out wide. He’s a pretty stiff athlete but that’s not so unusual for an interior lineman. The fact that they play him outside at his size is a testament to his explosiveness.

He needs some work but it’s not easy to find this caliber of athlete along the interior, and the fact that he’s got a strong work ethic to go along with it is pretty enticing.

6 Likes

Doestn’ look freakishly strong though.
I’m not overly impressed w/his hi lights.
I want the Hulk worse than you could possibly imagine.
Also → I’m wrong all the time.

2 Likes

He’s more athlete than hulk, but he’s plenty strong. Not to the manchild level of Carter though.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of mocks pointing him to the Lions

1 Like

I can live with a defensive tackle version of Hutchinson. Good athlete and non stop motor will make a lot of plays for you.

2 Likes

Hope this is right.

1 Like

He tore his ACL in late September of 2021.

Prior to that injury… he had 5.5 sacks in 14 games as a Freshman and 3 games as a Sophomore. That is a really solid start for a young DT.

He is only 14 months out from his ACL… so that makes this season a tough one to really evaluate.

3 Likes

I strongly dislike his footwork and lack of lateral agility. He doesn’t have the core to be an anchor and plays off balance and out of control.

1 Like

Thanks! Didn’t know that.

1 Like