Watch "George Karlaftis Scouting Report: George the Juggernaut" on YouTube

The forgotten DE

2 Likes

And for good reason. He’s really not a favorite of mine. I see another Trey Flowers type of middling pass rusher.

2 Likes

Well, not sure I see that comparison but ok.

38" vertical at 6’4"- 263lbs
That’s freakish!

That’s not a literal comp but Detroit Trey Flowers minus the injuries is what I expect him to be production wise.

Flowers was a DE with DT speed. GK is a much better athlete and prospect.

1 Like

I bolded the part you seem to have missed.

You said “production wise”. I am not talking about “production”, I’m talking physically.

You generally don’t see dudes punish RBs as much as this guy. Jeebus! This dude can set the edge, shed blocks, and chase the RB.

Really impressive for a guy who had to play defense at Purdue with literally nothing around him.

2 Likes

And that would be a correct statement you made. I’m just making sure you know that my comp for Karlaftis isn’t Trey Flowers.

Just stat wise, production wise, and middling pass-rusher wise?!?!

Karlaftis’s ceiling is so much higher than Flowers in every single way , it’s not even comparable.

Justin Fields was a generational physical talent. Malik Willis is one of the best athletes to come out in years with a ridiculous ceiling.

You didn’t/don’t like both of those guys.

So which is it? I’m also taking 4 guys over Karlaftis based on ceiling alone.

Yeah because that’s what I project him to be. Why do you have such a problem with that? I don’t think all of his “physical traits” that you mention are going to turn into a good DE.

You focus too much on them being runners. I focus on them becoming QB’s…and they aren’t good passers, like literally the most important part of being a QB.
And I’m not even sure why you’re bringing up QB’s in a DE thread?!?!

Ok. Why even take GK as your 5th DE if he’s another “middling pass rusher”?

Sorry my man…but you are one confusing dude.

I love GK, i think he’s neck and neck with JJ with a higher upside. Explosive, powerful, great first step, can get skinny, good flexibility, and motor, even good hands, with several moves.

He’s a bit shorter than you like, and still a little raw, but he’s a guy I think can be a top teir rusher.

Would prefer Hutch or Thibs, but GK i can definitely get on board with

You again miss the point of what I’m saying.

If you’re saying Karlaftis is so great because of his physical attributes like you do here…

Then I show you two examples of players with high physical attributes to point out how you yourself say that these physical attributes do not guarentee NFL success. Or at least you think they don’t, which is generally true.

Let’s just cut this part out because you’re reading too much into the specific position I used as an example for the point I just explained.

I wouldn’t. That’s my whole point.

What I said is this…

I think Hutch, Thibodeaux, Walker, and Johnson all have higher upsides.

I would never take Karlaftis. I really hope we stay away from him. Just like you and Malik Willis. We have our favorites and the guys we don’t like.

In fact, I made a whole thread about it…

It’s a lot easier when you just read what I say and don’t overcomplicate it by putting words in my mouth and missing all of my points.

If George was a Lion…. would he be…

George of the jungle???

Maybe a round later. Take Cameron Thomas DE. He is Hutch.

If he is that disruptive at the NFL level, that’s an asset.
I could see picking him if we trade back a few.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.