We are going to pick #2 overall for sure

Honestly I don’t mind this, but I see it both ways. We take the best of who is left of the two, barring Jax taking Neal. Remove the decision from which to take and be happy.

Here’s a mock with us picking second and trading down with the Giants who desperately want an edge rusher.

Jags take Hutch and the Giants give us three second round picks to move up three spots

Lions draft Hamilton at 5. I’d be all for this and honestly, with Hutch and Thibs being 1a and 1b for DE, number two overall might be a better pick to trade down

2 Likes

Also, get a new goddamn fight song. That makes my ears bleed during the few times a year we hear it.

Detroit Vs. Everybody should just be the new fight song.

3 Likes

I’m not barring that. I think Jacksonville will draft Evan Neal at 1OA, so the Lions will have their choice of Aidan or the guy they’ll regret taking…

5 Likes

Yes. Get rid of the meta flake and the shiny. Go with matte silver and roll with the throwbacks.

Get an uniform that is all business. Some thing that says” we’re here to kick your ass,” instead of “ we are here to look pretty.”

1 Like

I like the fight song.

4 Likes

My only disappointment is not having the first pick leverage to gain multiple picks than picking the one overall pick like okudah

I still want Tibby Dough. He’s a one trick pony but it’s a helluva trick.

2 Likes

Would we trade our #2 for picks 19, 20, and 23?

1 Like

To balance out the Trade, the Lions would have to give Phil their Early 3rd Round Pic (#66), to balance out the trade. Perusing the current Tankathon players forecast available at #19, #20, & #23, I wouldn’t. While these are 3 Good players, selected by PHI with those picks, Lions are in desperate need for a True Playmaker. A Player that may evolve to be the Face of the Detroit Defense i.e. Aiden or Mr. Tibs, IMO, are more likely to fit the bill, instead of the 3 Picks listed above, AND Det would have to forfeit their #66 Pick as well to PHI.

Note: TNutZz indicated the NYG have 3, 2nd Rounders in the 2022 Draft. Currently, Tankathon only lists 1 2nd Rounder, #36, for those interested.

No, let me say it again, NO WR with the top 5 pick (where ever we land). WR is deep in this draft and a good one will be there at the end of the first.

3 Likes

I have to agree with the notion we need a playmaker on defense. Someone the OC has to game plan for. I can’t remember when we had such a player on defense. I want one of the 2 DE, or the ND safety. Possibly a LB if one grades out there. Almost terrified of them drafting a CB again. We can get a wide receiver with the Rams pick or our second rounder. I would like to see them double up another reciever with a later round pick, if the talent is there. Late rounds you don’t draft for position, you draft the best talent available, in my professional opinion :laughing:

What makes everyone think that Jacksonville is going to take a edge rusher? They just drafted Lawerence last year and I could see them drafting Neal #1.

1 Like

Why would we have to put in a kicker to offset?

Using Drafttek chart:
Lions pick is worth 2600

19,29,23 worth 2485.

Just wondering in the comp here. Nothing about the trade itself.

It’s the article he referenced that uses a prior trade up that netted 3 seconds as a reference. The article itself doesn’t actually say what the compensation would be this time, they don’t think it matters for the sake of their mock.

I’ll tell you guys what, you wanna have some fun, force the Philly trade in a mock sim. Kick in some later round picks to make it reasonable. But watch the players you get to pick from… insane.

I pretty much agree. EXCEPT…say the Packers have the number one seat wrapped up. They could rest players or just say, ‘Let’s screw the Lions by losing to them and cause them to drop a spot or maybe two in the draft’. Maybe they don’t want Detroit to get one of the two top defensive linemen. Might not be much fun having one of these guys chasing their quarterback around, no matter if it’s Rodgers or whoever. Yeah, I know it’s a far fetched thought and totally out there, but stranger things have happened and it might be the meds talking, but they are division rivals. Well, they might still be another couple of years before the actually ‘rival’ the Packers for the division, but one of these years.

The Lions already have 3 picks in the top 33.

Trading down is kind of foolish in that position unless you can get some sort of Herschel Walker-type deal.

1 Like

In a heartbeat. Only reason you don’t pull that trigger is if there is a franchise QB sitting there and you need one. I understand potentially missing out on one of the top players in the draft, but there is a ton of talent to be had in that range. Guys like Jameson Williams, Burks, Lloyd, Ojabo, Leal, Jordan Davis, Dean, Malik Willis, Kenny Pickett, Brisker, Enagbare, Drake Jackson, etc.

Could you imagine coming out of the first round and our 2nd Ojabo, Lloyd, Leal, Burks, and Willis?

Drafting any QB this year before the late rounds is a terrible mistake. Waste of a draft pick.

4 Likes