We have the first non-sexy pick, who is it?

I consider Bijan pretty sexy, but I’d take a corner in this scenario.

1 Like

That’s the big question, isn’t it?
Nobody has a clue. Brad, Dan and crew are masterful at saying absolutely nothing while telling us what they’re looking for.
Look for grit, resilience, intelligence.

3 Likes

Brad has said that he is pretty much always in BPA mode. Need is considered if talent is equal

1 Like

Its nice to have adults in the room. With Quinn, we had a boy among men.

1 Like

That’s what i love about him this time of year. You don’t know if he means what he says or if he says what he means.

2 Likes

Touche’

1 Like

Best CB of the group (I lack the skills to pick apart the skills of CBs), or Bijan.

Defense for the rest of the high picks (DT, LB, whatever). I personally like our current pass rusher group. How long has it been since I thought that? The times they are a’ changin’…

Side note… it SHOULD be defense in my head at pick 6. Like, that is the CORRECT answer. However, the idea of a super stud RB to go with our OL and WRs is really exciting to me. I know, I know. Shelf life, positional value, etc etc. But man… Bijan, Swift, Swaggy? Behind our OL? With our WRs? That would be fun as heck to watch.

1 Like

Stir the pot pick… hooker

Safe pick: gonzalez

Wilson at 6 all day

2 Likes

This is worst case scenario for sure. I don’t like anyone a whole lot in this spot. But I have a hard time believing Carolina is gonna strike out in Free Agency and not do what it takes to land one of the top 4 QBs. Trading down isn’t an option for this exercise, but I do fully believe it would be an option in this scenario.

I’m taking Levis :grimacing:…I strongly believe this franchise/staff is in position to develop and make a young QB a really solid player. I see the bust potential as low and I see the risk as low. 100% know I’m in the vast minority here but I just don’t see a prospect that is worthy of the pick.

1 Like

Wilson and its not close…

1 Like

I think we trade back up into the first rd to get Hooker. So they can have that 5th year option.

1 Like

Several teams could have this in mind. And the Eagles have zero picks in rounds 4-6. I currently have the Seahawks doing it. So we are definitely on the same thought process here.

1 Like

I think Dan’s philosophy is that a good offense is your best defense. Keep the other team off the field. Shorten the game. Grind it out. So that just might be part of the “correct” answer.

I’m taking Tyree Wilson. He is a 6’6” 275 lb twitched-up beast. I believe he will end up playing inside on 2nd and 3rd down sub-packages. He will likely play at around 285 once he fills out on a full NFL strength program. We don’t want to take Hutch or Houston off the field on passing downs. So the staff will have to possess a vision for how to get the most value out of that pick without creating redundancy. But they’ve tweaked their system to fit their players time after time. If Wilson is the true dawg mauler he looks like, then you take him and create true havoc up front for every OC/OLine Coach and QB you face. The other thing to consider is that Hutch played an insane number of snaps last year. If we could afford to keep him fresher for four quarters that would become a big benefit late in games. Big question is what we’re doing with Romeo and Harris…But yes, Tyree. All day long.

2 Likes

So he can retire on his rookie contract? Makes sense.

2 Likes

He could start collecting social security if they use the franchise tag in his 6th year…. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Tyree said his favorite player to watch is Von Miller. I would get him excited about watching Calais Campbell film.

1 Like

Hopefully he tests better than Campbell.

I doubt Wilson checks in anywhere close to that weight though.

Campbell is an absolute stud that contributes to a winning formula on defense. Calais is the kind of guy that can’t be measured on paper.

2 Likes