We just don’t have the horses…

Den

Every week this forum prepares mentally for the loss, then gets a little excited, and then bitches for 4 hours on Sunday. If somehow we make a few plays, or gain some momentum, we all go back to “high five everyone on the stands mode!”

Did you guys want to beat Philly? Somehow I feel like a 17-13 win would have triggered a waive of complaining about how we just messed up the “tank for Thibodeaux” campaign???

We have sucked or been mediocre for 21 straight years. Our two seasons with double digit wins were ended in round one of the playoffs, and a few chokes to end the regular seasons.

With Stafford we literally beat 8-9 winning teams in 12 years, you basically need to due that or close in one SB run…

We didn’t win shit with Stafford, Decker, Ragnow, Golladay, Jones jr, Collins, Okwara, Okudah etc…. How on earth would we expect to win with NONE OF THEM???

We have a WR corps, defensive backfield, and LB corps without a single top draft pick, nor 3M plus salary on our roster.

This might have been the game plan the moment Stafford checked out on us…. Maybe?

We have 50M in dead cap, the Bucs have like 3M!!! That is 25% of our cap. Then 4 of our best players have hardly played this year on top of that.

8 Likes

How many other teams will add a solid starting LT, massively improved RT, all pro C, double digit sack DE, top 5 picked CB, two firsts and 5 picks in first 3 rounds, and 45M plus in cap space in one offseason?

We could add 9 impact starters to what we have been fielding in 2022…. 9!!!

3 huge FA deals, 5 draft picks in top 3 rounds, Decker, Ragnow, Okudah, Okwara…. Hell it could be 10 or even 12 new starters with elite resources spend on each.

It’s like we all knew it was a rebuild but bitch that our talentless team isn’t winning. If we lose close we point out refs, missed coaching opportunities, or blame Goff… if we get blown out we want to fire everyone. If we win, many will complain about a meaningless win that costs us Thibodeaux…

Remember the Todd Gurley TD…. That bonehead move coupled with Matt Stafford 4th quarter Magic cost us J Chase…

6 Likes

I think there’s plenty on the forum that would’ve accepted another loss (or even, gasp, a close win), as long as the game/season demonstrated some foundation upon which to build. That hasn’t happened. MCDC and maybe even Holmes appear lost. Fans are smart enough to know that in this quicksand, even the first overall pick drowns.

3 Likes

That’s why I can’t see blaming Coaching or Goff.
Could they do better? Always! It’s easy to kick someone when they’re down.

2 Likes

We have competed though. We led the Packers. Led the Rams most of the game. Easily could have beaten the Vikes and Ravens had 2 guys not kicked the FGs of their lives. Made a too late, but still valiant comeback against the 49ers…

Holmes and DC might suck. Goff may not be the answer. But we lost our top 6-7 players off a bad team last year. Expecting to win or compete with zero proven nfl talent is absurd.

9 Likes

I agree with a lot of what you wrote but the Lions didn’t come to play against the Eagles. Didn’t seem to have any fight in them. I mean the eagles were favored but you would have thought we could at least keep it respectable at home. Was a very SOL moment.

1 Like

Look at Chiefs vs Titans, Chargers vs Ravens, Bears vs Bucs etc…

Teams come out flat. Especially competed untalented ones.

Daniel Jones looks like Goff right now. Maybe it’s contagious when a an only has 2 seconds to throw and nobody open

2 Likes

Full, 100% yes to all of this!

1 Like

Preach, my brother!

Preeeeeeach!!!

So true - all of it

1 Like

I’d like to know where you are seeing that number. I’m coming up with around 32 after re-signing the obvious role players. If there’s a breakdown showing the math, I’d love to read it.

This is a great post for perspective.

It was never going to work this year.

Yes many of us (myself included) thought we would be a 6-8 win team. In truth…there is no denying we should have 2 wins. That would put us not very far off the 6 win mark at the end of the season.

2 years from now I think we will be happy we didn’t win those 2 games. Remember the W that cost us Chase Young? It was worth it to make us feel good for a week at the time…but I think most of us would give that W back to have Chase.

All I ask from this year is that they continue to keep Hock and Swift heavily involved…for my fantasy teams. Also…please don’t get embarrassed on Turkey day.

That is all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tom Brady threw a pick to seal his teams fate Sunday.

Agree with getting plenty of talent back, except Okudah. I had zero point zero faith in him b4 the injury, now that he will be coming back as a 3 legged dog I expect even less.

On another note, what is up with Williams and his concussion? Did he just mail it in and is collecting a paycheck for doing absolutely nothing or is he actually this seriously banged up? I have my doubts on this kat.

I do have faith in MCDC and Holmes but that Benson trade, good gawd we got hosed on that one big time. Then, we were going to trade up for Onzi into the bottom of the first but Dorsey told him to sit tight…Hopefully Holmes will learn to cool his jets a little. We probably could have got Benson for free, seen that he sucks… and cut him had we not given up the beanz. And for all the drafting Karens out there, don’t care that we are getting a 6th back from them. We gave up the first pick in the 5th and 7th for a practice squad scrub

1 Like

Career has got to be over. You don’t miss 2 months with a concussion unless it’s a brutal one.

Ya, sure seems that way. It didn’t seem that bad when it happened, but my ass wasn’t on the receiving end! What I mean by that, is it wasn’t like Jahvid Best going over the goal line @ Cal bad

1 Like

Everyone knows the talent level on this team sucks but this regime has done nothing to give us faith the team is on the right track.

Besides the beat downs we have took this year. We have literally took guys at the top of the draft and played them out of position.

Daaaamn. I didn’t realize that.

Dude, you have a lot of rage about something that is utterly meaningless. You’re worried about getting a fringe player for a fifth? That’s probably the 80th or 90th percentile of fifth-round pick outcomes.

Also, what is a “drafting Karen”?

Someone who doesn’t think giving up the first pick in the 5th rd a big deal for a guy who should be a walmart greeter

1 Like